Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FrogLube

I am a Forum User
    I have some experience in Tribology in the automotive field and I'm of the opinion that the vast majority of high priced specialty gun lubes is just marketing hype.

That said, I did buy some Frog lube only because my wife is highly sensitive to oil and and hates the smell it. Frog lube smells like Icy Hot or Ben Gay and is very minty. I put some Frog lube on her carry gun and she is not bothered by the smell.
    Last edited by CnA; 02-20-2013 at 09:40 AM.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CnA
    I have some experience in Tribology in the automotive field and I'm of the opinion that the vast majority of high priced specialty gun lubes is just marketing hype.

That said, I did buy some Frog lube only because my wife is highly sensitive to oil and and hates the smell it. Frog lube smells like Icy Hot or Ben Gay and is very minty. I put some Frog lube on her carry gun and she is not bothered by the smell.
    Dude I am totally the same way! When I first heard about it my "BS" radar was going off. However after reading some reviews and actually using it, I'm hooked. Even like you said, just for the smell...not all petroleum carcinogen like...I've made enough life choices to start growing some tumors soon...so one less reason is all the better!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RSF
    I tried it it's ok I'll stick to slip2000 no need to heat or treat the guns
    I have used slip2000 for a long time but everything feels much smoother with frog lube, and I used the liquid not the paste so its the same as using slip. Slip does creep better and is still good over all ooption.

Old post but +1 for Frog Lube. Replaced allof my Hoppes trash & the tried and true Break Free CLP.

I was under the impression that the liquid in the spray bottle was all you needed during the initial "conversion" to Frog Lube. That's all I did, no alcohol.

I don't heat anything up. Cover everything in the Lube, scrub it, let it sit, clean it off, lube friction points and wipe it down with the micro fiber towel.

The wife appreciates it too because now she doesn't have flashbacks to her dad cleaning guns at the kitchen table stinking the whole house up with solvents and oils.

I am a Forum User
    Ive used it on several Firearms. Never had a problem.

I am a Forum User
    I've been using Froglube for about the past year now. My initial review was that it is awesome. I still hold true to that. I have an FNS9 in stainless that gets tremendously dirty after a range trip. Any carbon buildup seriously wipes off without much need for scrubbing. I followed the instructions for the initial application, but I figured I'll just keep the wife's heat gun at the bench and re apply with heat all the time. My guns are all super slick now.

I experimented with the presoaked pads they sell also, work just as great as well.

+1 to frog lube.

I am a Forum User
    IMO frog lubes overrated and more hype than anything. I got on board the slip 2000 hype a few years back but that was a big improvement over clp and I've switched to using slip on most of my guns even the russians. I tried to switch to frog lube but I just couldn't find it worth it to go through the heating hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by amontana086
    IMO frog lubes overrated and more hype than anything. I got on board the slip 2000 hype a few years back but that was a big improvement over clp and I've switched to using slip on most of my guns even the russians. I tried to switch to frog lube but I just couldn't find it worth it to go through the heating hassle.
    I'm kind of on board with that, about half my guns have slip and the other froglube...both do a great job and are non-toxic. Personal preference is what it comes down to I think,

I am a Forum User
    I was on the fence a while back, trying to decide between Frog Lube and Fire Clean. I ultimately chose Fire Clean but I don't think you can go wrong with either product. Grade A stuff!

MGO Member
    I mostly use Strike Hold but I actually use Frog lube on cases that I am resizing. Works great.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast