Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FrogLube

MGO Member
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...uct-evaluation

Someone at the link above did what I think is a great job of comparing 46 different gun care products. He rated them based on oder, water displacement, effect on non-metal compounds, lubrication and rust prevention.

Frog Lube performed very well. I haven't gotten any yet, but I will definitely give it a try.
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

I am a Forum User
    I'm going to have to try some of this on my rifle. Not super stoked about trying to clean all the old clp/fp10 off though.

I am a Forum User
    I tried the Hornady "One Shot" stuff after reading the comparisons....I am VERY happy with this product. I have used almost everything under the sun, and this stuff is TOPS in my book. The CLP was disappointing, very gooey, didn't like the way it felt on the firearm. Hornady also smells good, (even though I love the smell of the toxic stuff!) I recommend everyone reading this thread try the products mentioned... My action is also very smooth with this product. I always Kroil the inside of the barrels of all my guns. Just my 2 cents.

I am a Forum User
    I agree. Slip 2000 is the best. Tried Froglube. It's ok, but I would rather stick to a synthetic oil. Slip 2000 makes cleaning much easier......

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    I tried the Hornady "One Shot" stuff after reading the comparisons....I am VERY happy with this product. I have used almost everything under the sun, and this stuff is TOPS in my book. The CLP was disappointing, very gooey, didn't like the way it felt on the firearm. Hornady also smells good, (even though I love the smell of the toxic stuff!) I recommend everyone reading this thread try the products mentioned... My action is also very smooth with this product. I always Kroil the inside of the barrels of all my guns. Just my 2 cents.
    Hell, I thought I was the only old school feller that used kroil, your a goodn fishman, and I ain't even met ya

I am a Forum User
    slip2000 is awesome. I tried Frog Lube before but it was such a pain to apply.

MGO Member Forum User
    An oven needed? Um, no thanks. Cold weather and frog lube? um, no thanks.. Old fashion oil, thank you..

I am a Forum User
    +1 Kano Kroil oil.. Will remove rust, creeps into .0006 of an inch spaces, will climb up a rod or barrel is stuck into it.. I use it with a combination of others like Slip 2000, Mobil oil, Barricade, rig for long term storage of blued guns, have not tried Frog Snot yet..

I am a Forum User
    if people only knew how good Kroil was for the barrel....the best break-in stuff there is. Armed Fitter, you shoot at LCSA?

I trust nothing that says it needs to be heated 1st to "set or activate it" or that is "absorbed in the pores" of the metal as anything more then snake oil.

WeaponShield is my favorite Lube to date. It has a bit of a cinnamon odor and its viscosity is thick enough it stays well on slide rails and bolt carriers over extended periods and does not appear to evaporate over time like some lubes I have tried. In the past, I used quarts of Mil-surp CLP and FP-10, and I would still use them today without hesitation also.

As long as the oil stays in place and doesn't run off or evaporate, almost any oil will do a decent job of rust protection. Enough for a gun kept in the house, out of ocean spray, acidic enviorments, rain or snow and extreme temp variations anyway. For rust protection I have stayed with RIG for the last 40 yrs ,and even though I have stored my firearms exclusively when possible in the damp to dry basement environments of 6 homes there is not a speck of rust to found on any of them.

Because of this the "very best" in rust protection is a moot requirement for my lubes. I believe in using the proper product for the job, lube to lube, solvents to clean, and rust preventatives to keep corrosion at bay. it is kind of like not using only Mobil 1 ( a fantastic oil for its intended purpose of engine protection) in my tranny, gear box, or pumping it in the zerk fittings of my trailer bearings.
    So far all my firearms function extremely reliably, have no rust, and show no wear to moving parts past a bit of normal "smoothing out during break in".

For the guys that like Kroil, it has the ability to seep into your wooden stocks and cause damage over time. It is probably the best penetrating oil on the market and travels into and under any place it can reach loosening things. I have read reports however of it traveling into the wrist area of stocks, or down action screws into the bedding area, and softening the wood over time. It makes a good bore cleaner when mixed with Shooters Choice, but I would use alcohol or other solvent to final patch and positively remove any extra after use, unless I was going to shoot the gun fairly soon again. You may not see damage right away but 10-15 years from now after repeated use don't be surprised by darkening wood or bedding changes. As always, JMHO...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123