Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Remington 30.06's Awarded

Pure Michigan Hunt winners - from McBain, Kawkawlin
    and Westland - take home their prizes

The three Michigan hunters randomly chosen as the 2013 Pure Michigan Hunt winners – Jim Bosscher of McBain, Dave Gittins of Kawkawlin and Jason Webb of Westland – received their prizes at last Thursday’s (Feb. 7) Natural Resources Commission meeting in Lansing.

Each winner gets a license to hunt in every limited-access hunt available in 2013. This includes elk, bear, antlerless deer, and spring and fall turkey, as well as first choice at a managed waterfowl area during any open hunting season in the state.

"My friends didn’t believe me until they saw my name in the paper a few weeks ago," said Gittins, who owns a roofing business in Kawkawlin. "I still can’t believe it!"

Bosscher, the sherriff of Missaukee County, also needed some convincing that he had won. “I thought someone was playing a joke on me, so I had to call around to make sure this was real,” he explained.

In addition to the hunting licenses, the Pure Michigan Hunt winners also received the ultimate hunting prize package.

"I can't wait to get home and go through everything again," said Marine Corps veteran Jason Webb.

Winners received the following prizes donated by Michigan companies and organizations:

2012 Darton Crossbow package
    30.06 Ruger Model 77 rifle from Michigan Gun Owners
    12 GA shotgun from the Lake Effect Chapter of the Michigan Duck Hunters Association
    Camouflage ground blind from Ameristep
    Two-day/two-night guided spring turkey hunt from East Lake Outfitters
    Custom rear-window graphic from Steel Skinz Graphics
    Gas cards and magazine subscriptions from Michigan United Conservation Clubs
    Sitka camouflage clothing package from Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
    Camouflage vest, custom box call and patch from the National Wild Turkey Federation
    Rapid River knife, duck decoy and membership from Ducks Unlimited
    Herd monitoring kit and membership from Quality Deer Management Association
    National and local memberships from Safari Club International
    Sweatshirt and hat from South West Lake Erie Chapter of Waterfowl USA
    The 2013 lottery drew a total of 29,295 applications. Dollars generated from this opportunity fund wildlife habitat restoration and improvements in Michigan.

Applications for the 2014 Pure Michigan Hunt go on sale online at all retail license agents and online starting March 1. Hunters may purchase as many Pure Michigan Hunt applications as they like for $4 apiece. Visit www.michigan.gov/puremichiganhunt for more information.
    The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state’s natural and cultural resources for current and future generations. For more information, go to www.michigan.gov/dnr.

Note to editors: Photos of the Pure Michigan Hunt winners with their prizes are available for download below. The following captions are suggested:

Pure MI Hunt 2.jpg: The three 2013 Pure Michigan Hunt winners with (second from left) DNR Wildlife Division Chief Russ Mason, (third from left) DNR Director Keith Creagh, and several Pure Michigan Hunt sponsors.

http://links.govdelivery.com/track?t...2BHunt%2B2.jpg
    ARTICLE I - DECLARATION OF RIGHTS - § 6 Bearing of arms.
    Sec. 6. Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state. History: MI Const. 1963, Art. I, § 6, ***. Jan. 1, 1964.

MGO Board of Directors

WAY TO GO MGO!
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

and Your MGO BOD Voted this past weekend to Present Rifles to the Winners of Next Years Pure Michigan Hunt Also
    Gary J. Kramer
    W8ACP
    NRA Life member - NRA RSO
    Member Howell Gun Club
    God Bless Our Troops....Especially Our Snipers

I am a Forum User
    Great job to MGO for choosing the bolt 30.06 as the gun to give.

When elk hunters call us, we always ask them if they have a bolt action 30.06 as that has proven time and time again to be the perfect MI Elk gun.

The gentleman from Kawkawlin is going to be hunting with us...hopefully he is planning on using his MGO .06.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by srconnell22
    Great job to MGO for choosing the bolt 30.06 as the gun to give.

When elk hunters call us, we always ask them if they have a bolt action 30.06 as that has proven time and time again to be the perfect MI Elk gun.

The gentleman from Kawkawlin is going to be hunting with us...hopefully he is planning on using his MGO .06.
    Too cool!!! Can you please report back on the results of his hunt? I agree with you on the 30.06. It is perfect for Michigan big game hunting IMO as well.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrettone
    Too cool!!! Can you please report back on the results of his hunt? I agree with you on the 30.06. It is perfect for Michigan big game hunting IMO as well.
    Yes, I certainly will. He will most likely be skipping the first four days of the Elk season and beginning his hunt during the mid-September rut.

I am a Forum User
    Very cool. Didnt even know about that contest but Im glad i do now. Great list of prizes and nice donation from MGO.

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Smile