Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatchpa
    Walther--H&R makes a handi-rifle in .357 and .44
    Several companies make them. I was wondering more about the .38 and .44 specials, not magnums.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmithMSU
    Walther - there are .357 leverguns that will use .38spl - I wonder if some of the .44Mag leverguns will accept .44spl as well.
    Thanks. I'm going to ask around, not that I'd have either one, just out of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by klijewski
    WAT? .380 is shorter than 1.16.
    You are correct .380 is shorter than 1.16", but there is not a restriction on cartridge length out of a pistol, only the new part about rifles chambered in pistol cartridges. So therefore, as the proposal is written, you can hunt deer with a .380 pistol, but not a .380 rifle. (not that I have seen too many rifles in .380) Same goes for 9x19mm. I could hunt with a Glock 19 if I plugged the mag to hold less than 8rnds, but I couldn't hunt with a carbine chambered in the same 9x19mm.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Buster
    The reality is this has little to do with ballistics, and much to do with safe gun handling/shooter education and responsibility. A knucklehead with a .22 is much more dangerous than your typical sportsman with a 30-06. The Pennsylvania study is the only scientific data that deals with the subject; it clearly shows that rifle, shotgun, and ML are very similar when it comes to downrange dangers.

I live in the middle of a state game area, and every season there are a couple of folks that give me cause for concern, but it never has anything to do with what gun they are carrying. Some folks would be dangerous running around with a stick in their hands.

CB
    What study is that? I didn't know one existed .
    I would like to read it.

I am a Forum User
    I believe this is the summary:

http://lbfc.legis.state.pa.us/reports/2007/168fs.PDF

CB

I am a Forum User
    Any real chance this year, or is it doomed again....

Quote Originally Posted by art
    Any real chance this year, or is it doomed again....
    Yes, there is always a chance. We have until Dec, 2014 to get this bill the way we want it, and convince our Reps and Senators to pass it.

Write your Rep and Senator, and tell them your thoughts.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member Forum User
    It's "Et up with the Yankee Dumbass". Light caliber pistol ammo like the.380 and .38s are not what I'd call acceptable deer rounds. I wouldn't use either. If folks go into the field with them, there's going to be wounded deer. I wish they'd leave the regulations to people with a clue rather than politicians.

Pete

I am a Forum User
    HB 4283 of 2013
    Natural resources; hunting; use of certain firearms during firearm deer season; allow. Amends sec. 43526 of 1994 PA 451 (MCL 324.43526).
    Last Action: 4/24/2013 Analysis File Added

MGO Member
    So what's the chances this time?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by petemi
    It's "Et up with the Yankee Dumbass". Light caliber pistol ammo like the.380 and .38s are not what I'd call acceptable deer rounds. I wouldn't use either. If folks go into the field with them, there's going to be wounded deer. I wish they'd leave the regulations to people with a clue rather than politicians.

Pete
    I guess the next question is.... Would you use a .380 or .38s on a human?

Most grown humans are bigger then adult deer.

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast