Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    MGO Member
    When I took 'range safety officer (RSO) it was recommended that cold water be available for shooters towash hand w/ immeiately after shooting.

When in college we would go to the ROTC range and shoot, eat lunch etc. definitely a no no. After classes we went to work for 4 to 6 hrs. all w/ the same clothes!! WOW.

Today you should shoot. When finished wssh hands, change clothes and probably shower. How many do that?
    Last edited by langenc; 08-31-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Last edited by StoneyBones; 10-08-2013 at 06:37 AM.

MGO Member
    At the very least I wash my hands after every time I shoot, that goes for both pistol and skeet/trap. I cringe when I watch people just pack up and leave immediately from the range

MGO Member
    Reread the original post.

I cant seem to imagine where all the lead comes from on fired brass?? Is there some contact, lead and brass?? sure. Loading most jacketted bullets these days there is no lead exposed. Cleand brass has no lead-sdo where is the lead coming from??

I do use as a main CF riflebullets the old Remington Core Lokts-w/ lead timp expose and some Nosler partitions, lead tips.. Once they roar down the bore and my brass is ejected and collected how much lead can remain on them.

Is lead toxic-sure. There is so much less that 50 years ago it is amazing.
    No lead gas and the lead laden exhaust, no lead paint, no lead pipes/sweatings, no lead in kids toys paints (eeekkk). Still lead in bullets, sometimes, primers and the resulting smoke and Im hard pressed to find more.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by langenc
    I cant seem to imagine where all the lead comes from on fired brass?? Is there some contact, lead and brass?? sure. Loading most jacketted bullets these days there is no lead exposed. Cleand brass has no lead-sdo where is the lead coming from??
    It's the primers mostly. There's a fine coating of lead dust from the primers that's on everything. Lots of FMJ aren't fully encapsulated too, to they leave some lead too. On a single shot, it's probably not a concern, but after 10's of thousands of shots, it builds up at the range and gets kicked up. When you clean brass, it can also build up in your tumbler.

MGO Member Forum User
    I posted this a couple years ago http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...d.php?t=164328

I have not updated the thread but getting my blood tested every June at my annual physical, in 2012 and 2013 I was down from my first test (11). I don't remember the exact level but somewhere 6-8 I think. Again, <9 is considered "acceptable."

I know the little bit I'm getting is from the old range I shoot in. The ventilation needs updating but the club will not/cannot spend the $. I wear a mask every time I shoot now. I get the occasional funny look and/or question about it and I just tell them the abbreviated story, but most of the regulars are used to seeing me with a mask now. No one else has taken up wearing one, though. I usually do not notice the funny taste in my mouth after shooting now that I wear the mask. The mask I wear I buy at Menards for about $12, says it protects against lead exposure in demolition work. It does not have the separate discs, I could not fit one of those under my glasses and with muffs, but does have a valve for exhaling.

I am a Forum User
    My friend even refuses to wear his jacket inside a range for fear of it getting to his children so I would not say that you are alone.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234