Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Ruger SR1911 5"

MGO Member Forum User

Ruger SR1911 5"

While killing some time at the local Gander Mountain a few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a Ruger SR1911 .45 - and it was a thing of beauty. I tried to ignore it and left without it, but spent most of the night reading reviews online. Apparently they've been on the market for a year or so and are garnering excellent reviews. I caved. I drove back to Gander Mtn the next morning and bought it. It's got the 5" barrel and is resplendent in a matte stainless steel finish. Unable to get to a range for a few days, I found myself peeking at it several times a day and just holding it for the sake of familiarization.

How's it shoot? Beautifully. It's actually more comfortable and accurate than my Bersa Thunder .380! Probably due to the heavier and larger frame absorbing some of the recoil. Even my wife adores it. At 4'10" and 105lbs, I expected it to kick like a mule in her hands. Her first three shots were all within the smallest ring on the target, with one dead in the center of the bullseye at 21'.

It exhibits incredible balance and the accuracy is damned impressive. It pretty much shoots exactly where you aim it. I put about 100 rounds through it at the range in less than a half hour. No issues of any kind and no sore hands or wrists. Ruger did a wonderful job bringing this gun to market. Everyone who sees it admires it and more importantly, everyone I let shoot it loves it. My BIL has owned for years and regularly shoots a Colt 1991A1 and even he was impressed with how well it shoots.

I don't need another but the 4.25" Commander sure would be a nice addition.

I am a Forum User
    Did the exact same thing only I picked mine up on the first trip to GM a couple weeks back. Loved it so much I bought his little brother, pick it up today at GM.

They still have the Commander available on their web site

Great job Ruger!!

MGO Member Forum User
    Congratulations! Let us know how the 4.25" shoots compared to the 5". I'm super curious to find out.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I too went to GM to look at the Ruger SR1911 CMD with the 4.25 inch barrel. Its a fantastic looking gun. I used my Good Sam Club Camping membership and got a great discount . It was on sale 11/1- 11/4. It shoots extremely well. Very manageable and accurate.