Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Gun Facts & Stats, A Resource Guide for Gun Owners

Gun Facts & Stats, A Resource Guide for Gun Owners

This initial post is intended to serve the needs of gun owners as an ongoing resource and reference guide in rebutting the baseless claims of our adversaries.

If you have statistical data, and additional reference material that may be useful, please post it here.Occasionally, material posted here will duplicate posts, or parts of posts found elsewhere on this forum, with credit to its source.

This thread is intended to become a central source for those looking for credible information regarding gun rights, and Second Amendment issues.

It is NOT intended to generate discussion, and from time to time, necessary pruning of such posts will be done to maintain its focus on building an archive of usable and relevant information.
    ================================================== =========================

Gun Facts - Your Guide to Debunking Gun Control Myths
    "For over 12 years, Gun Facts has been available for free, arming you, the gun rights activist, with the ammo you need to hunt anti-gun propaganda."
    Gun Facts
    Last edited by Smokepole; 05-08-2013 at 01:45 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Great to hear. I have used Gun Facts in several debates.

I am a Forum User
    I just spent a couple hours reading through almost the entire text.

Unless I'm missing something, it's 2013. Almost all of the statistics, references, quotes, surveys, and other sources are from a long time ago, many from the 90's or early 00's. While it's certainly acceptable to use historical data that shows trending over a long period, one would think that included sources would be more recent.

The authors statement in the introduction that "I use the most recent data I can easily find and I have time to update." doesn't provide a lot of confidence that the work was thoroughly researched. This will lend itself to the control advocates assertion that the only information included is that which is favorable to the pro-gun argument, something the author accuses the opposition of over and over, ie: incomplete or innacurate data.

There's a lot of good info in there, but honestly, if I'm going to quote something to an anti or non-gun person to further my side of the debate, it'd be more convincing if the information were relatively current.

MGO Member Forum User
    To quote accredited sources such as the FBI, NIJ, and CDC requires waiting for published reports. 2011 is considered new data and 2010 is still considered "current".

I use Gun Facts as an index to dig out references. It's pretty handy place to start your research.

Regards

I am a Forum User
    ...With credit to "Ol' Joe" for the find.
    Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

"National rates of gun homicide and other violent gun crimes are strikingly lower now than during their peak in the mid-1990s, paralleling a general decline in violent crime, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of government data. Beneath the long-term trend, though, are big differences by decade: Violence plunged through the 1990s, but has declined less dramatically since 2000."

Pew Research
    Last edited by Smokepole; 05-08-2013 at 01:29 PM.

I am a Forum User
    The Firearms Statistics That Gun Control Advocates Don’t Want (You) to See

By Jason Howerton | The Blaze – Mon, May 6, 2013

"Gun control advocates be advised, these are not the statistics you are looking for.

According to data from the FBI's uniform crime reports, California had the highest number of gun murders in 2011 with 1,220 -- which makes up 68 percent of all murders in the state that year and equates to 3.25 murders per 100,000 people."

The Story & Stats Here

I am a Forum User
    Media's Anti-Gun Narrative Destroyed By Justice Dept. Report

By John Nolte
    Breitbart
    May 7th, 2013

"Don't look for a new Justice Department report about American gun violence to receive any serious media coverage over the coming days, or ever. According to the report from the department's Bureau of Statistics, every argument the media and the left are currently making to push for new restrictions on our Second Amendment civil rights, are made up of anti-science nonsense. This report not only proves the media wrong, it proves the NRA right.

If you study the original report, you will see that these decreases are all part of an 18-year trend, not an outlier year or two."

There is just no question that an armed American populace is a safer American populace.

I am a Forum User
    Oddly enough, NBC covered this story last night on the national news. I was surprised. They did throw a few crappy editorialistic comments in, of course.

Is 'editorialistic' a word?

Quote Originally Posted by Walther
    Oddly enough, NBC covered this story last night on the national news. I was surprised. They did throw a few crappy editorialistic comments in, of course.

Is 'editorialistic' a word?
    It is now, I seen it on MGO!

I am a Forum User
    Brownell's is one of our advertisers, so if you decide to buy this book, use the link below to access Brownell's, then use the search window on the site to order the book.

...MGO will then get credit for the sale!
    GUNS LAWS BY STATE, 2013 EDITION

Attachment 22861
    Your ultimate resource to United States gun laws - preparing you for the time when "what if" becomes "what is." Written by a prominent and noted firearms author, and highly respected firearms attorney. This book is structured to provide what 90% of off-duty law enforcement officers and civilians would need to know 100% of the time, with links or cites to reputable authorities for any unanswered questions. The book will continue to be published annually and has an interactive web site with up-to-the-minute information, trends, or changes in the law.
    Gun Laws by State 100-012-398WB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast