Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

SIG SAUER P224 SAS

Well, I ordered this the first week of January from CMP Dist. here in Lansing. It came in friday and I picked it up today. Have yet to shoot it, but it looks good and feels good.

I am a Forum User
    Looks good, I've been wanting to see how it feels in the hands since I saw the ad in a magazine a couple months back.

I am a Forum User
    It feels really good- the new grips Sig uses are like sandpaper. I prefer the wood like you see on my 229, but the 224 is a great pistol thus far; very controllable and ergonomic for such a small grip.

I am a Forum User
    I've held one a couple times, I didn't fit my hand right. It has the "Glock hump" which i hate. I have the same problem with my 27. But I have to say it's a nice little gun.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by M1Grandfan100
    I've held one a couple times, I didn't fit my hand right. It has the "Glock hump" which i hate. I have the same problem with my 27. But I have to say it's a nice little gun.
    I think that phrase "Glock Hump" is a misnomer. I don't understand why people started calling it that. The Sig appears to have a larger "hump" than the Glock.

I am a Forum User
    Yeah, in reality, most pistols have some sort of "hump" on the back side of the grip. Exceptions of course include the likes of 1911, BHP... etc. But look around and you see it on a great majority of modern pistols today. Some more pronounced, so less so...

On that note- this newer style grip does have a more pronounced hump on it. I'm pretty sure this is actually just a by-product of taking in the grip right below the slide to reduce the reach to the trigger. I don't think they actually made the lower section of the grip larger in the back.

Kind of like if a bigger girl loses a bunch of weight and becomes a smaller girl, but keeps the same size boobs... what was once "normal" is now "huge"

I am a Forum User
    Agreed, the grip is constricted at the top, thus creating the hump of the backstrap. That's another strange term: back-strap, front-strap etc. I wonder what the origin is?

Anyway, nice pistol! I have the P226 in .40S&W, and thought about getting the P220 SAS for a compact.

Account Closed
    I've got to shoot the 224 a bunch now. Its almost redeemed Sig Sauers reputation with me. After spending thousands of dollars in Sigs a few years ago and having issues with all but one of them, I swore off Sig. ...That is when I switched to Hk's.

I've spent lots of time with a 224 and a railed 1911 with great results.

Congratulations on the 224, its almost a unicorn for Sig its so hard to get right now.

I think the size is perfect. Of course my favorite compacts are the G26, P2000SK & Hk45c.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I have a P224 in 9mm as well. Then I bought the P229 Carry in .40 S&W. The 2 slides are interchangeable so I have a subcompact 224 in 9 and .40 as well as a compact in 9 and .40. Both shoot great in either configuration for me.