Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Thumbs up My Review on the IWI Tavor

IWI Tavor FDE - Review

I went out to shoot my Tavor. This was the first time I got to shoot it. Probably put 400-500 rounds through it. Probably 200 of the rounds were suppressed. I was shooting Black Hills 77gr. I wanted to test a few things that I have been reading about the rifle.

Which mags would drop free when empty

Mag changes

If the bolt would stay open on last round when suppressed

If there was a lot of blow back while using a suppressor

If brass would hit my face while shooting left handed

Shooting prone

Accuracy

Distance

If it would malfunction during the 400-500 rounds

After I zeroed in the rifle (50 yards), I decided to try for groups. I'm using a Trijicon SRS so the precision won't be as good as if I was using the optics from my bolt gun but they should be decent. I did a few test groups at 50 yards only. I was too lazy to walk out to 100 yards to set it up today (I'm not going to lie). Here is a video and the pictures of the groups.

[YOUTUBE]nfzNa9rScpQ[/YOUTUBE]

I then wanted to see if I could easily hit my 100 and 200 yard 8" steel plates. I was ringing them very easily while prone. Unsuppressed and suppressed, as well.

Sorry, no video but I did manage to get some of my 16" steel plate out at 300 yards. As you can see, it was very easy. 500 yards was not obtainable for me with the SRS. (I was too lazy to walk out there to spray paint the target for me to see it through no magnification, I have to admit). I will next time.

[YOUTUBE]pvACckMy10I[/YOUTUBE]

While suppressed, I wanted to see if there was going to be any issues will the bolt locking back on the last round. I used a BCM mag with magpul follower, Pmag 2nd Gen and the IWI mag that came with my Tavor. Never had any issues what so ever.

[YOUTUBE]FKRGJX3gjwo[/YOUTUBE]

The trigger seemed very heavy while sitting at home messing with it but when I got to my range and started to use it, it was actually better then I thought it would be. The recoil was less then an AR15, if you can believe that. Getting back on target was easy.

[YOUTUBE]iJWBLDU7wQQ[/YOUTUBE]

Reloading will take some getting use to since I am more familiar with the AR15 platform. But that will only take some time behind the Tavor. Trying to figure out which way to wear my reloads (bullets forward or backward) will be decided as I get more time with it out at the range. Once I get some mags that drop free, I will be able to figure out which way will be fastest for me to reload. Thinking that using my right hand to drop the mag will be fastest but I'll find that out later.

[YOUTUBE]D2HPm_xX9Ds[/YOUTUBE]

Shooting left handed, I had a few pieces of brass hit me in the chin but it wasn't too bad.

[YOUTUBE]PIDgXje5fds[/YOUTUBE]

Shooting suppressed, I didn't notice any blow back like some people have stated on the Internet and my Tavor did not leak oil and crap out of the rifle. I used slip2000 in all the places stated in the manual. It didn't need to be wet to run good.

I am no professional. I am just an average shooter giving my review of the Tavor. For me, this was an outstanding rifle. Functioned flawlessly in every aspect. It was easy on recoil, the weight of the rifle wasn't noticeable at all even though its probably a couple lbs heavier then my ARs. Easy to get back on target, short, fast and felt very comfortable shooting it. Mag changes will get better the more I shoot it and just figuring out a few minor things to make me smoother will, in the end, make this my favorite rifle to shoot. I have to admit, this was more fun to shoot then my ARs and I love the AR platform.

Account Closed
    Very nice. (your last three videos are set to private.)

I am a Forum User
    your bottom 3 vids are private (cant watch)

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvee
    Very nice. (your last three videos are set to private.)
    Fixed. Sorry about that guys

I am a Forum User
    wow there is 0 recoil on that at all.

set me up with a few 30 round magazines wanna see what i can get it to cycle at

Account Closed
    I just cant get over the OAL. The FS2000 is 30" and its a fat lady. The Tavor is just sweet all the way around.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvee
    I just cant get over the OAL. The FS2000 is 30" and its a fat lady. The Tavor is just sweet all the way around.
    I agree about the FS2000. That soured me on bullpups, but the Tavor is tempting me.

To the OP, very nice review.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsully
    I am no professional. I am just an average shooter giving my review of the Tavor. For me, this was an outstanding rifle. Functioned flawlessly in every aspect. It was easy on recoil, the weight of the rifle wasn't noticeable at all even though its probably a couple lbs heavier then my ARs. Easy to get back on target, short, fast and felt very comfortable shooting it. Mag changes will get better the more I shoot it and just figuring out a few minor things to make me smoother will, in the end, make this my favorite rifle to shoot. I have to admit, this was more fun to shoot then my ARs and I love the AR platform.
    Then you should sell those AR's........

I am a Forum User
    I would be willing to sell one of them. .

Thanks guys. I thought the bullpup was just ok but this rifle made me completely rethink that. Can't wait to shoot it some more.

I am a Forum User
    Dude, I can't believe you were able to shoot so steadily with that F-22 hovering overhead!!!!

Sweet gun... I have to watch the rest of the vids later... sounds like you had a good time putting it through the motions.

ETA; The rapid fire... dayummmm!!! Nice!
    Last edited by METL; 05-07-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast