Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Safe location

MGO Member
    My safe is in the basement. I have one of those rechargeable dehumidifiers and a golden rod. Humidity has never been a problem. I was also concerned about water in the basement, even though I’ve never had any water. I have my safe raised on 3 pieces of 2 x 6. I figure 4.5” of water I’d the whole basement would be a Lot.

Another thought / recommendation: I have it against a wall and bolted to the floor. When I bolted it down, I drilled all the way thru the floor. The anchor bolts catch just fine, but if I ever need to move the safe, I can just drive the bolts down thru the floor. (That’s the way many machines are mounted to the floor of factories).

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mitommy View Post
    My safe is in the basement. I have one of those rechargeable dehumidifiers and a golden rod. Humidity has never been a problem. I was also concerned about water in the basement, even though I’ve never had any water. I have my safe raised on 3 pieces of 2 x 6. I figure 4.5” of water I’d the whole basement would be a Lot.

Another thought / recommendation: I have it against a wall and bolted to the floor. When I bolted it down, I drilled all the way thru the floor. The anchor bolts catch just fine, but if I ever need to move the safe, I can just drive the bolts down thru the floor. (That’s the way many machines are mounted to the floor of factories).
    And if possible, put it in a corner with door opening facing wall. Harder to pry open in that scenario.

I am a Forum User
    There’s some advantages to a safe in the basement assuming humidity is controlled but one potentially big drawback is if you insure your guns some insurers require that they not be stored in a basement. That’s something to definitely consider and if insured to check on first.

The OP was from 2013. If he hasn't figured it out by now, I doubt he ever will.

Dice

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    The OP was from 2013. If he hasn't figured it out by now, I doubt he ever will.

Dice
    LOL Good catch. I didn’t read back past this page before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by mittenman View Post
    LOL Good catch. I didn’t read back past this page before posting.
    Page length is a variable that can be set in the user cp. I have it set to 40 (ie, 40 posts per page). The OP is still on this page. IIRC, the default is 10 posts per page.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Page length is a variable that can be set in the user cp. I have it set to 40 (ie, 40 posts per page). The OP is still on this page. IIRC, the default is 10 posts per page.
    I didn’t realize that page length could be set by the user. 10 post per page always seemed a little short to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mittenman View Post
    I didn’t realize that page length could be set by the user. 10 post per page always seemed a little short to me.
    Then you probably also didn't notice that the OP is banned.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member
    For those of you using desicant packs, such as myself, these are only $1 at my local dollar store and hold at least a cups worth of water. I replace it about every 4 months or so.

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 571
Size:  8.8 KB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234