Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Sweeping the gun at the range

Twice in the last couple of weeks, I've observed shooters on the line, turn to talk to someone and turned the gun with them, right at who they were talking to. One of those times, it was me and the guy had a S&W 500 (man that bore looked big).
    That time, I grabbed the gun by the top strap, pointed it downrange and told him to watch where he was pointing that thing. The other time, I just told the guy to point it down range, as I was 20 feet away. Both guys were very sheepish and apologized. I hope I never run into this again, but I know I will.

MGO Member
    It happens to all of us.

The ones I seem to catch dont bother to apologize, but Im going to get more dramatic in my 'notifications'.

Account Closed
    Similar to this are those careless individuals that pick up firearms and start playing with them during cease fire. Typically this is a friend or family member that does this while the gun owner is down range checking/changing targets.

Please educate people on firearm safety when you take them to the range.

I am a Forum User
    This is why I do not shoot at ranges..

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RYANINDAVISON
    This is why I do not shoot at ranges..
    Yup

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by agksimon
    Twice in the last couple of weeks, I've observed shooters on the line, turn to talk to someone and turned the gun with them, right at who they were talking to. One of those times, it was me and the guy had a S&W 500 (man that bore looked big).
    That time, I grabbed the gun by the top strap, pointed it downrange and told him to watch where he was pointing that thing. The other time, I just told the guy to point it down range, as I was 20 feet away. Both guys were very sheepish and apologized. I hope I never run into this again, but I know I will.
    It's good that you were aware enough to react and force their gun in a safe direction. While taking someone to shoot for the first time, I had to repeatedly grab her hand to pull her finger off the trigger when she was not aiming or ready to fire. Our lives are worth a little forceful training.

Quote Originally Posted by langenc
    It happens to all of us.

The ones I seem to catch dont bother to apologize, but Im going to get more dramatic in my 'notifications'.
    When I go to the indoor range you bet I let people know. They have signs all over the place that state " Only handle firearms in the booth" but people can't read anymore and just walk back and forth from the booth to the bench at the back of the shooting area...

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by agksimon
    Not uncommon in public ranges....scary but true. Try to go on week days during the day....less people = less chance of being swept.

I am a Forum User
    People are ridiculous. Seems like common sense not to point a gun at someone else, but I guess some people don't have common sense

I sweep at the range all the time...

It's the best way to get all my brass

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast