Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    Remember that it wasn't loaded.
    Edit- the range is truely a place to be forever vigilant..

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    It happens to all of us.

The ones I seem to catch dont bother to apologize, but Im going to get more dramatic in my 'notifications'.
    I'll loudly call a "Cease Fire" to get everyone's attention, this works better and is what's advised by most range managers.

Quote Originally Posted by topgun View Post
    I'll loudly call a "Cease Fire" to get everyone's attention, this works better and is what's advised by most range managers.
    Amen Brother, as a CRSO I would recommend this course of action to anyone that sees such activity!!
    "Tell Me No Lies, I'll ask you No Questions"

NRA Life Member
    MGO Member

NRA RSO

NRA CRSO
    MOC Member

Unless otherwise noted, my posts represent my personal opinion, and are not an official position, opinion, or endorsement by MGO or the MGO BOD.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun View Post
    I couldnt agree more with you, Kudos cause i think sometimes people forget they allow shooters on the line to call a cease fire themselves in case of a danger present on the firing line. Kudos topgun.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by amontana086 View Post
    Liberal trolling.
    Delete this garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasperdsmk View Post
    Simply stating facts pertaining to the thread an the experience I had while at action impact does not make me a liberal or a troll in that matter. I've been there numerous times an never had a problem until now. Thanks though.
    I am unashamedly pro-gun, and I agree with the fact that some people NEEEEEED more training than others, and that instructors should consider body armor - I've had a few tell me that as well, and actually know some that got together to do a big order for a group discount.
    Action Impact SUCKS worse than any range I've been to and most of their RSO will wear body armor. Most of the instructors there also wear body armor. I've helped with classes there and I desperately wanted body armor... not because of our students (because the people I help out usually keep one RSO for every one or two students, so safety is almost never an issue), but because of all the other people that go in to that range. I've had more guns negligently pointed at me in that place the few times I've been than I've had pointed at me at all the other places I've been combined. I absolutely HATE having to call in the RSO to kick people out, but when I'm hiding behind the lexan wall because some guy has pointed a loaded gun sideways at me with his finger on the trigger a few times, I do what I have to to stay safe.
    True story... I was at Action Impact, firing through my AR magazine until empty, letting it drop and catch on my sling, while drawing my sidearm and continuing to fire. The RSO (one of the nice ones who I like) came over and told me that I couldn't do that anymore because of safety concerns (even though he saw my AR mag was empty and my bolt locked back). He said "oh, I know you and you're always good... but these other people will try to do that and I'll wind up having to deal with ANOTHER guy shooting the floor and the wall behind him". He went on to explain that one guy even managed to charge a pump shotgun with his finger on the trigger and blow a hole in the bench in front of him... and after the RSO yelled at him and gave him a second chance, the next round went through the ceiling for the exact same reason...
    I will literally not go shooting at AI anymore after noon. Once all the idiots in the area wake up, that place becomes a nightmare.

I am a Forum User
    Don't forget the guys that bring their girlfriends and almost let them cut their thumb off with the slide when they hold the gun wrong. I've had to jump over and stop a couple people from getting hurt not knowing how to even hold the gun

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bfitz2834 View Post
    Don't forget the guys that bring their girlfriends and almost let them cut their thumb off with the slide when they hold the gun wrong. I've had to jump over and stop a couple people from getting hurt not knowing how to even hold the gun
    gotta learn the hard way sometimes

Ive never seen a girl cut their thumb off, however, a glock bite or 2 will get them to stop treating it like a date, and treating it more like the serious situation it is, and pay more attention hopefully.

All the time.

I am a Forum User
    I've seen it happen while training at work. Usually ends up in someone being reprimanded and or getting fired. People who are novice might not realize how big of a deal it is, but making an example out of them and being "that guy" might be a way to safe someone from getting shot by a dummy.

I am a Forum User
    I’ve seen a girl who rented a six shot revolver shoot off 6 rounds. Then, she kept pulling the trigger like something more was going to happen. When the gun was not firing like she thought it should she pointed the gun at her face to look down the Bore. I packed up and left. No range officers just the cashier watching from a camera.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast