Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaskelto
    People are ridiculous. Seems like common sense not to point a gun at someone else, but I guess some people don't have common sense
    It is, but mistakes happen. Most people are not 100% in control of their hands 100% of the time. How many times do you see people touching their eyes and face with their filthy unwashed hands?

I was at the range the other day, and almost pointed my gun at someone, thankfully he caught it before and warned me. The circumstances were, I was going to unload it, and the gentleman interupted me, said "don't unload it here, unload it over there", as he pointed, I started to swivel to look and my gun moved with me.

I had the safety on (I specifically bought a gun with a safety so I wouldn't kill anybody making mistakes like this), and my first reaction was to say "don't worry, the safety is on", but I stopped myself before I could finish saying it, because that is completely unlike me to say. I honestly have no idea what inspired those words to enter my mind. Instead I said "I'm sorry, you're right."

The point is, people make mistakes. Distractions can cause our focus to become split, similar to how a computer multi-tasks, and when your attention is split on multiple things, it is easier to slip up. I make a special effort to avoid causing unnecessary distractions to someone who is wielding a weapon, or any potentially dangerous tool, both as a courtesy to them, and to protect my own life.

It's important to maintain a high awareness as much as possible, and if someone appears to be slipping on their own awareness, don't be afraid to take control of the situation. Some people might become self-righteous *****s, but most people will probably appreciate the help.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RYANINDAVISON
    This is why I do not shoot at ranges..
    Wish I had that option.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Man
    I sweep at the range all the time...

It's the best way to get all my brass
    I thought this was going to be complaint of someone sweeping up his brass! LOL

Remember that it wasn't loaded.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak
    Remember that it wasn't loaded.
    statistically speaking, the most dangerous condition for a firearm?

I am a Forum User
    Every range I've been to I've seen this at one time or another. most people that do it seem to think their doing nothing wrong also

I am a Forum User
    Has anyone been to Brown Bear in Chesterfield (21 / Gratiot) and seen the nice bullet hole in the bulletproof glass barrier between lanes 3 and 4?

My CPL instructor told us that it happened during one of his classes. Female shooter in lane 3 had hot brass go down the front of her shirt, and was twisting around trying to get the brass out of her bra, but didn't set her weapon down on the bench first. I can only imagine being the shooter in lane 4 when that happened ...

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pyzik
    I thought this was going to be complaint of someone sweeping up his brass! LOL

I am a Forum User
    i have seen several guys loading and carrying guns to the rear bench out of cases and i will usually politely ask them to keep in case or point to the range rules.
    one day i noticed a guy behind me with 3 1911 laying on the rear counter and he was apparently having trouble with them. they were out of cases and he was cursing at them. i stepped back from the line after placing my weapon in the case and said nice set of 1911. he started to tell me that he was having trouble with the 2 he just purchased. i looked at them and he had 2 colts and a kimber. isaid very nice whats the problem. he told me that the mags will not lock in and stay. he starts to show me at the rear bench and i asked him to case them unless the were at the line.
    he then proceeded to explain again that the mags will not lock. he picked up the used colt he had bought and had it pointed at my chest while trying to release a mag. he dropped the mag and it was loaded of course.
    idiot im thinking. asked him to please not aim the weapon at me and keep it on the line. idiot had a compacpt kimber and bought to full frame colts and the mags were to short. 7 rds i guess and would not lock in to the full frame? i helped him out and he cased them so i went back to shooting.
    as im shooting i hear banging on the glass and turn around to see the same fool loading a 44 mag revolver behind me and again its pointed at me. i started to pack my **** and was very upset. the guy working the range came in yelling at him and he insisted that he was safe and had his cpl. who gives a **** i said, you are unfit to be here and i dont want to be here with you around so i was about to leave when the worker asked him to leave. he had the nerve to say he was in the right and would not admit any wrong. thought he could just wave a firearm around loaded because he had a cpl? i do not wish to run into anymore idiots like this again.

Quote Originally Posted by RYANINDAVISON
    This is why I do not shoot at ranges..
    Amen, I built one in my back yard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast