Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bolonytony24
    i have seen several guys loading and carrying guns to the rear bench out of cases and i will usually politely ask them to keep in case or point to the range rules.
    one day i noticed a guy behind me with 3 1911 laying on the rear counter and he was apparently having trouble with them. they were out of cases and he was cursing at them. i stepped back from the line after placing my weapon in the case and said nice set of 1911. he started to tell me that he was having trouble with the 2 he just purchased. i looked at them and he had 2 colts and a kimber. isaid very nice whats the problem. he told me that the mags will not lock in and stay. he starts to show me at the rear bench and i asked him to case them unless the were at the line.
    he then proceeded to explain again that the mags will not lock. he picked up the used colt he had bought and had it pointed at my chest while trying to release a mag. he dropped the mag and it was loaded of course.
    idiot im thinking. asked him to please not aim the weapon at me and keep it on the line. idiot had a compacpt kimber and bought to full frame colts and the mags were to short. 7 rds i guess and would not lock in to the full frame? i helped him out and he cased them so i went back to shooting.
    as im shooting i hear banging on the glass and turn around to see the same fool loading a 44 mag revolver behind me and again its pointed at me. i started to pack my **** and was very upset. the guy working the range came in yelling at him and he insisted that he was safe and had his cpl. who gives a **** i said, you are unfit to be here and i dont want to be here with you around so i was about to leave when the worker asked him to leave. he had the nerve to say he was in the right and would not admit any wrong. thought he could just wave a firearm around loaded because he had a cpl? i do not wish to run into anymore idiots like this again.

Just another reason to advocate for "private" lanes at shooting ranges.

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansjeep2000
    Amen, I built one in my back yard
    I hear you there, I'm looking at mine now.

What The Heck did I get myself into by applying for the RSO class?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaskelto
    People are ridiculous. Seems like common sense not to point a gun at someone else, but I guess some people don't have common sense
    Common sense is not common!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by agksimon
    Twice in the last couple of weeks, I've observed shooters on the line, turn to talk to someone and turned the gun with them, right at who they were talking to. One of those times, it was me and the guy had a S&W 500 (man that bore looked big).
    That time, I grabbed the gun by the top strap, pointed it downrange and told him to watch where he was pointing that thing. The other time, I just told the guy to point it down range, as I was 20 feet away. Both guys were very sheepish and apologized. I hope I never run into this again, but I know I will.
    Did this happen at our club? Usually when we go out to shoot the ranges are empty. How ever the times we have been there when others are using the ranges it makes me wonder. I am always very observant of what others are doing on and near the range. Some people just make me very nervous with how they handle their weapons.

I am a Forum User

Unhappy Sweeping the Range

Funny, very funny. One method of sweeping make for a very clean shooters box, the other method of sweeping can make quite a mess.
    Real, real scary.

MGO Member
    When you getbsewpt and notify the sweeper you often get somthing like "t is ok-it aint loaded'...

Just remind em that 68% of all people shot are shot w/ unloaded guns..

Pick any number-you wont be far off.

Copied from post #11
    I had the safety on (I specifically bought a gun with a safety so I wouldn't kill anybody making mistakes like this), and my first reaction was to say "don't worry, the safety is on", but I stopped myself before I could finish saying it, because that is completely unlike me to say. I honestly have no idea what inspired those words to enter my mind. Instead I said "I'm sorry, you're right."

Give em the same answer as above, still applies.("safety is on")

Quote Originally Posted by langenc

Just remind em that 68% of all people shot are shot w/ unloaded guns..
    Cute phrase, but impossible....

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG
    Not really, treat every gun as it were loaded. Rule # 3.

If that doesn't do it point them to rule #2. Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG

I guess you dont read newspapers and watch TV.

IOt is very common for some one to be shot with an 'empty gun'...68% of the time..

At the Ben Avrey range near Phoenix the ROs declare "CEASE FIRE" "OPEN ALL BOLTS".. You then step back from the benches.

The RO troops the line and checks weach gun for 'emptiness'. The have a gal pickle jar nearlt full of rounds taken from "empty guns". The jar is emptied frequently..

Cute!! Must not shoot at many ranges.

I am a Forum User
    Watch some of the WW2 movies where they show actual footage of Marines or soldiers sweeping each other with their weapons on a regular basis.
    These are loaded guns with safeties off and fingers on triggers!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast