Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMD357 View Post
    I'd like to take a few of my friends that are open to shooting to Demmer sometime; I know it's .22LR only, and that's fine since I can rock my 22/45. Do they have .22LR ammo for sale for paying range users? Because if not, all I've got is 200 rounds of Rem Thunderbolt and that's taken so much scrounging to find.
    Dear MCMD and others:

The pistol team and the rifle team I shoot on have MSU Demmer as our home range. We have been trying to get Demmer opened up to centerfire rounds, particularly 32 caliber and 45 caliber pistol such that we can shoot the 45 and centerfire bullseye competitions there. Next time you visit, talk to Mike, the director, and see if a letter or note would help him. I do know that there is a lot of interest to bring Centerfire to Demmer and any assistance you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cranky

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by crankythunder View Post
    We have been trying to get Demmer opened up to centerfire rounds, particularly 32 caliber and 45 caliber pistol such that we can shoot the 45 and centerfire bullseye competitions there.
    that would be PHENOMENAL. Total firearms seems to have a monopoly for quite a ways around Lansing on indoor ranges.. i think it would be wise to discuss building a business case for it - i would be willing to lend some of my time in this pursuit - just about everything i do in my department on campus is approved via making a strong business case. I wonder if there are any firms or advocacy groups that have done cost analysis on this sort of thing elsewhere?

MGO Member
    Most Univ bureaurats like $$$ and will listen if presented in a good manner.

Someone in the business dept should be able to help draft the proposal. The collection of the numbers is another matter.

You have to be absolutely certain that the backstop is capable of handling the larger rounds. Dont want to go in a shoot up the range.

I am a Forum User
    Here you go people. Can CC on campus just cant enter buildings. Point? Can only stroll through campus. haha

http://www.ncsl.org/research/educati...us-action.aspx

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    Most Univ bureaurats like $$$ and will listen if presented in a good manner.

Someone in the business dept should be able to help draft the proposal. The collection of the numbers is another matter.

You have to be absolutely certain that the backstop is capable of handling the larger rounds. Dont want to go in a shoot up the range.
    I've been told that the backstop will handle anything but .50, but the university board of trustees doesn't want centerfire on the range.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre1919 View Post
    Here you go people. Can CC on campus just cant enter buildings. Point? Can only stroll through campus. haha

http://www.ncsl.org/research/educati...us-action.aspx
    I'm not so sure the interpretation on that page is entirely correct Andre...
    From what I understand, they are treating "campus" as if the whole thing is a parking lot of a elementary/high School. In which case, concealed carry would only be legal while you remained inside the confines of your car. So, soon as you stepped out of your vehicle, carrying concealed would the be illegal, just like it is for any other "school yard" in the state...

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 BMG View Post
    I'm not so sure the interpretation on that page is entirely correct Andre...
    From what I understand, they are treating "campus" as if the whole thing is a parking lot of a elementary/high School. In which case, concealed carry would only be legal while you remained inside the confines of your car. So, soon as you stepped out of your vehicle, carrying concealed would the be illegal, just like it is for any other "school yard" in the state...
    Incorrect. CC, with a permit, is legal. You don't have to remain in your car.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    If I'm not mistaken, it IS legal to conceal carry on MSU's campus so long as you stay outside any of the buildings, right?

So, if students were to be granted the right to conceal carry from the university, wouldn't the state law preempt the ability to CCW in the dorms, classroom, academic buildings, etc...?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234