Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Not sure how to even begin, but I'm also an MSU staff member who would love to CC at work. Let's make this happen, folks!

I am a Forum User
    Well as far as I know they are not preempted by state law even though they receive state funding. We would have to appeal to the Board of Trustees as well as MSU PD to make any change in the law. This is what they have pertaining to firearms on university owned property http://trustees.msu.edu/ordinances/o...ces_sec18.html

It does say "except as permitted by state law"
    I am "licensed by the state" to carry a firearm but not in classrooms/dorms etc. However, MSU can make its own laws as far as I understand (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG. I WILL EDIT POST AS NECESSARY). UofM and Wayne State fall under the same rules. That is why you can carry on MSU campus but a firearm cannot legally touch any part of UofM property.

My feeling is that you could add a 18.06 "except those licensed to carry a concealed pistol by this state or another so long as they follow state guidelines so long as state laws regarding reciprocity"
    You would then need to change university policy for staff and students with firearms as well.

I think this is a pretty tough goal considering both the board and police department. You may not need the blessing of PD to change laws, but I don't think it would happen without approval from them.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by somebody
    Both of you can shut it.
    YEAH THAT!

I am a Forum User
    Unless they change the pfz zones it still doesn't matter.

I am a Forum User
    Really? I don't see a single thread in here from MSU. Don't tell me there aren't any MSU students here who are concealed carry advocates.
    New member as of a few days ago. Just started in a grad program, live in Okemos.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMD357
    New member as of a few days ago. Just started in a grad program, live in Okemos.
    Nice.
    Well, if you haven't been over to Demmer yet, check it out. Nice little range down there.
    I'm trying to figure out who I need to talk to to get them to open it up to 9mm as well as .22 caliber. Their bullet trap will take 9mm, but the Board doesn't like it.

I am a Forum User
    I'd like to take a few of my friends that are open to shooting to Demmer sometime; I know it's .22LR only, and that's fine since I can rock my 22/45. Do they have .22LR ammo for sale for paying range users? Because if not, all I've got is 200 rounds of Rem Thunderbolt and that's taken so much scrounging to find.

I am a Forum User
    They have it to sell, but they're at $0.18/rd right now. Highway robbery.
    If your group is four or more, call ahead and reserve. They'll appreciate it. Students get free equipment rental.

I am a Forum User
    $0.18/rd
    Remember when you used go to Walmart and grab a 550 of Federal bulk for 19.97? Ha, we'll see when or if those days come back. Summer of 2012 I was shooting about a box or two of those a week out of my 10/22 and my 22/45. I sure do miss those days.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kahluastud412
    Unless they change the pfz zones it still doesn't matter.
    Yes you said this back in Sep. but to clarify...

Yes the MSU laws (all carry illegal) need changed for the better. At this time though under state law it is legal to conceal anywhere except in "A dormitory or classroom" and technically OC in those places too.
    Last edited by Golden Eagle; 12-12-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast