Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: I Lost

I am a Forum User

I Lost

I not sure where this belongs, Mods feel free to move it if need be.

Anyway, I lost my lawsuit against Birmingham for my wrongful arrest.

There isn't any case law to back up my position. Cops fall under qualified immunity.

Oh well, win some lose some. Just thought I'd share.

Account Closed
    Aren't you that kid that was showing off with a rifle on his back? I'm glad the taxpayers don't have to foot the bill for you.

I don't disagree with OC but we all know why you did what you did even if you want to play stupid about it and cry foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvee
    Aren't you that kid that was showing off with a rifle on his back? I'm glad the taxpayers don't have to foot the bill for you.

I don't disagree with OC but we all know why you did what you did even if you want to play stupid about it and cry foul.
    You don't agree with his methods, but you cannot deny the wrongful arrest.
    "Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.

I am a Forum User

Yes, I am that "kid". My criminal case supports I wasn't "showing off" anything.

I am a Forum User

No difference in him baiting the cops vs cops baiting criminals. Tax payer determines who runs the show, if they don't want to foot the bill for police over-stepping, perhaps they should elect people who will reign in rouge officers/departments. Until then, open your pocketbook... it's the expense of allowing persons into office who aren't concerned with proper enforcement of the law.

I wish he'd have damned near bankrupted the city; we need a couple devastating wins to send a message that behavior counter to the law will not be tolerated.

What's different with this one compared to the Grand Haven case. That guy got $6,500 for fees and expenses.

I'd pull the FOIA but I sent it to sse.

Anybody?
    "Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DP425
    No difference in him baiting the cops vs cops baiting criminals. Tax payer determines who runs the show, if they don't want to foot the bill for police over-stepping, perhaps they should elect people who will reign in rouge officers/departments. Until then, open your pocketbook... it's the expense of allowing persons into office who aren't concerned with proper enforcement of the law.

I wish he'd have damned near bankrupted the city; we need a couple devastating wins to send a message that behavior counter to the law will not be tolerated.
    Pure excellence in this post.

There is absolutely no excuse for law enforcement to overstep their authority. The only reason they have authority is because WE give it to them.

Laws are only binding if the public accepts them. As long as we are armed there isn't a law that the government (at any level) can impose on us that we don't agree with.

The way people think about our government and the laws that govern us is what I have begun to call "The Great Deception."

People don't seem to remember these simple facts.

MGO Member Forum User
    Why does the motivation for something even come into the picture? He did not break any laws. Why does he have to have a reason that you agree with to do something?
    The facts of the case (as I understand):
    1. He legally carried a gun in Birmingham.
    2. He was arrested for legally carrying a gun in Birmingham.
    3. He was prosecuted for legally carrying a gun in Birmingham.
    4. He was acquitted because he was legally carrying the gun.
    Why is all of that ok just because you think his reasons (the reasons you are giving) were wrong?
    A wise person once told me that with a sentence like that you can ignore anything in front of the "but" if you want the real truth.

I am a Forum User
    You got arrested for open carry? Seems like a lawsuit you would've won, doesn't really make sense. Is there a youtube video of this arrest?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by M1Grandfan100
    I not sure where this belongs, Mods feel free to move it if need be.

Anyway, I lost my lawsuit against Birmingham for my wrongful arrest.

There isn't any case law to back up my position. Cops fall under qualified immunity.

Oh well, win some lose some. Just thought I'd share.

What did your foray into the real world of carrying a gun for show to make a statement wind up costing you?

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast