Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: I Lost

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MI-1911
    Some of the news stories from Fox2:

Gun toting teen to stand trial on misdemeanor charges

Teen who carried loaded rifle through Birmingham found not guilty
    Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19...#ixzz2dVKe8WyO
    I like in the second video where they said they weren't aware of open carry laws before this but now that they are they're going to write the state legislators to see if they can get the law changed. Good luck with that one idiots, ain't no laws getting changed!

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by M1Grandfan100

Anyway, I lost my lawsuit against Birmingham for my wrongful arrest...... Just thought I'd share.

Thank you for letting us know. Wish it was better news.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Better luck next time!

Well, being your not the first to sue, that blue shield is hard to crack, unless your a Fired DPD officer...

So lessen learned here, if OC a Rifle and get arrested for it, spend lots of $$ to defend your self, LE(city) gets a pass....
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Hopefully this long past incident won't turn out to be a Pyrrhic victory by aligning more people against firearms who might have been neutral to begin with regardless of whether the OC law is etched in stone and can't be in any sense whatsoever imaginable changed.

(And I am not against OC. I just don't see it being worth anything to anyone to jam it down anyone's throat, esp. in a town like Birmingham where it proves (proved?) just exactly what? That the cops don't know the law? I thot everyone already knew that except too many cops.)

The young man's loss of his recent suit shows something and the something is not in his favor. That may be a beginning of a negative attitude against firearms in itself. Why engender antagonism where none is being proffered in the first place?

Maybe 'Don't tread on me' cuts both ways depending upon whose toes are under whose feet. Knowing your 'enemy' is one thing. Deliberately provoking him or her is another. Live with the results. (And those on both sides of the issue who will remember you for doing so.)

IBTL. You know it's going to happen soon.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Eat our own instead of standing together.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by dougwg
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Eat our own instead of standing together.
    Agreed.
    The guy did nothing illegal. His preferences are not my cup of tea but there are a tremendous amount of activities, all perfectly legal, that I choose no to do. I certainly wouldn't condemn anyone else for choosing otherwise.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    At least he took a stand and stood up for it! That is what made this country.
    To many here will look down on you, but would not try to stand up w ith you.

Account Closed
    Trolllolo. lol

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast