Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

JC Higgins 12 gauge chokes.

I have 3 power-pac adjustable choke tubes for an old sears and roebuck jc higgins model 20 12 gauge. A long, medium and short range. I am just trying to make a couple of bucks from them but don't have a clue what they are worth. I know the shotgun itself isn't worth a whole lot but thought the chokes might bring in a few $$ anyone have any idea how much I should ask for them?? Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by ZAH; 09-04-2013 at 09:45 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAH
    I have 3 power-pac adjustable choke tubes for an old sears and roebuck jc higgins model 20 12 gauge. A long, medium and short range. I am just trying to make a couple of bucks from them but don't have a clue what they are worth. I know the shotgun itself isn't worth a whole lot but thought the chokes might bring in a few $$ anyone have any idea how much I should ask for them?? Thanks in advance!!
    J.C Higgins, the Sears "house brand" prior to "Ted Williams". If a Model 20, then it should be made by High Standard, based on the "Flight King" design. I assume that the chokes are not internal tubes like on modern shotguns, but tubes designed to screw onto the end of a Cutt's Compensator, popular in the '30's and '40's. You'd want to find a shotgun with a Cutts to ensure they are a match, or the same. I've see the tubes (Cutts) with an asking price of $5/tube at a gunshow, seller not really aware of what they had (or, perhaps, VERY aware of what they had.) I've seen them on GunBroker, asking $40; don't know if they ever sold. I don't have a Cutts equipped shotgun, never tried to buy them, either way.

I am a Forum User
    Don't believe that the Higgens/Ted Williams/High Standard choke tubes are interchangeable with the Cutts tubes. The High Standard tubes extend back into the compensator body, while the Cutts tubes extend forward from the compensator body.

Not sure what they are worth. Put them up on GunBroker or a classified board with a reasonable price on them and see what kind of interest you generate. Cutts tubes usually sell for around $ 25 each, with the more open chokes sometimes catching higher bids. Only the adjustable Cutts tube draws big money.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks guys! I will throw up an ad and see if I get any bites!

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    do you still have the chokes for the model 20 12 gauge? Call or text if you do. 918 851 6944

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tlbrown
    do you still have the chokes for the model 20 12 gauge? Call or text if you do. 918 851 6944
    Yea I still have them...

Quote Originally Posted by ZAH View Post
    Yea I still have them...
    I'm interested in these tubes if u still have them.

Quote Originally Posted by jus1moore View Post
    I'm interested in these tubes if u still have them.
    You might want to send him a PM. The post you quoted was the last post he made, over a year ago.

He was logged into the forum last as of 10-20-14.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

R these still up for sale?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean pruden View Post
    R these still up for sale?
    It's been a long time but yes I do still have them i believe if you're interested.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast