Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    I am a Forum User
    Here is a good muzzle flash picture

Here is the best group of the day at 100 yards

Only had 20 rounds to sight it in at 25 then perfect it at 100 so i only shot a 3 round group. But i feel thats a dead deer at 100 yards no prob.

Also funny because the 3 .50 beowulf holes are massive compared to the 1 .223 hole at 6 o clock on that target

Congrats on your new rifle and sticking it out for 8 years to make it happen. Late father in law had a 50beo when you started this thread, but sold it at some point. Ran across all of his brass, bullets and dies when we cleaned out his house. My boy now wants one and also had sticker shock on the Alexander site. they use a different barrel extension than a standard .8125"-16tpi or I'd just make him one. Likely get one of the 12.7x42 beowulf clone barrels for him. Looking forward to your hunting report.
    Last edited by Moleman-; 12-11-2021 at 02:00 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Yeah i know BCA and a few others make .50 Beowulf stuff much cheaper but haven't heard much about them and i know AA has amazing customer support.

i need to get the Die's and a magnum powder drop for my dillion 550 to reload these. The brass catcher will most likely never leave this rifle as the brass it self is over a dollar per chunk of brass.

Will do i passed on a couple does during the shotgun season. Saw an 8+ point but never got a clear line of sight on him to make an ethical shot.

I know what you mean with the brass catcher. I run alot of wildcats and hate to lose brass. I see others are offering barrel extensions billed as ok for the beowulf and still 13/16-16, perhaps that was just another goofy thing he did like the different headspace values (bolt face depth and chamber hangout) on some cartridges than the industy norm.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    I know what you mean with the brass catcher. I run alot of wildcats and hate to lose brass. I see others are offering barrel extensions billed as ok for the beowulf and still 13/16-16, perhaps that was just another goofy thing he did like the different headspace values (bolt face depth and chamber hangout) on some cartridges than the industy norm.
    Not sure on the extensions as i have never built an upper yet. But i know the AA Muzzle brake threads are something crazy too. Think BCA they are just 5/8x28 or something more standard too.

The one i have used to have M4 feed on it but they milled it down to be smooth because the big single feed round would get hung up on the M4 feed into the chamber.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456