Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm not commenting on this particular business, just the business practices of mom & pop. I owned a small business for several years and agree that "life happens." However it should be the exception and not the rule.

I like to frequent a local barber. Great cut, great price. But the guy is so inconsistent. Never opens according to posted hours, takes long lunches and routinely closes shop randomly, but never posts a sign that says as much. It's disrespectful and discourteous to the customer. So I wind up going to Great Clips. They're always there when I need and expect them to be.

I love giving mom & pop the business, but the big box is often times less expensive, more convenient and reliable. This isn't 1955. We don't live in Mayberry. Floyd has long since retired. There are options now, and mom & pop have to kick it up a notch if they want to stay in business. When we complain about struggling to get by, a lot of the times we do it to ourselves.

Been to Tom's house twice both were great experiences, there he has his dogs and cats both times Tom and Dan were there, sad to hear about their business, I know Tom's real job keeps him busy but I don't know who is actually responsible for the day to day operations, you should PM him directly, he might be unaware.
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    I wouldnt expect that being open during the hours you promise customers to be a service.

you committed to those operational hours, so how is it consistently not happening.

I think its pretty insulting to come in here and say you 'discounted' the fee for him. What happened is he was rightly offended and voiced his opinion and you guys literally did the least you could to accommodate him by taking 10 dollars off.

A true business concerned with customer service would have eaten the fee to keep his business, and not let it happen again.

But to consistently be late to open your store 1. says you dont care about your customers 2. you dont care about your service standards by staffing your business with people who dont care about 1. either..

I got to retail management at 19..we did it by bending over backwards for return business and doing the right thing no matter if it meant being there a little early..We even opened up shop if someone came in early that needed something, regardless of it being inventory day, or life didnt matter..

I remember doing 14 hour shifts and above, sometimes alone, because we didnt have enough people, and not complaining about it, because at the end of the day, the customers pay your pay check,and your attitude will write your wage accordingly..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISJ1V8vBiiI maybe worth a watch for you guys at GB2?

reading OP's thread alone would deter me from ever shopping at your store..because I value my time very highly, and anyone who doesnt value it, doesnt earn my money, because my time earns me my money, so you should do so accordingly

Account Closed Forum User
    I'm gonna chime in again, mostly because I'm so disappointed in the store.

I was so excited when GB2 first opened because the employees did not have that A-Hole attitude that so many gun store employees have. Unfortunately, that attitude was quickly acquired. I used to do many ffl transfers at GB2 until one negative experience when Grant started questioning the gun I bought. It was a Ruger LCP, a gun I bought for pocket carry. He had to "school me" on the 380. I almost walked out but couldn't since my gun wasn't completely transferred. Long story short, I have never been back and kinda chuckle when I see many posts on this site and others about the declining like for that store.

There was a saying I was told when in retail. It went something like, a happy customer may tell one person about their experience but an unhappy customer will tell ten.

I am a Forum User
    You know .. it's so easy to judge someone's store when you have never ran one yourself. I too have had an occasional negative experience at my LGS, as well as a few others, but I still went back afterwards and have had many many more POSITIVE experiences that far out weigh the one bad one that I had. My LGS has since gone out of their way several times with great deals, helped with my club to acquire guns for our hunter safety program and never charged a dime for transfers, nor did they even make a dime off the guns as I paid the factories direct.
    Everyone can have a bad day. I just have a problem with people coming onto a public board slamming a store over petty grievances. Just how does this help our community? If you have an issue .. take it to the store manager privately and discuss it in a polite manner. That will get you so much farther.

I am a Forum User
    Thank you for all the comments , good and bad. The reported late openings on weekdays are being addressed. The store hours on Saturday is 9:30- 5:00 and is dog free ---dogs day off. Our hours are being changed soon to reflect the winter months. We will be open later. Please visit our facebook pages for updates. Thank you again letting us know your thoughts---we are listening.

GB2 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by tote'ngranny
    If you have an issue .. take it to the store manager privately and discuss it in a polite manner. That will get you so much farther.
    OP said he had at least two hours invested in traveling to and from a closed store. The conversation between the OP and the store manager got him $10, which is about $3 over minimum wage. I hope the OP's time is worth more than that.

If the store owners are assessing their delivery of customer service and their hours of operation, and it sounds like they are, then this public forum is priceless.

I hope the result is a positive experience for both the customer and the store owners. In spite of the OP, I'd be willing to give them a chance based on Lee's last response.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Slossar1004
    OP said he had at least two hours invested in traveling to and from a closed store. The conversation between the OP and the store manager got him $10, which is about $3 over minimum wage. I hope the OP's time is worth more than that.

If the store owners are assessing their delivery of customer service and their hours of operation, and it sounds like they are, then this public forum is priceless.

I hope the result is a positive experience for both the customer and the store owners. In spite of the OP, I'd be willing to give them a chance based on Lee's last response.
    I agree with this.

However .. the same exact thing happened to me with a gun shop a few years back. I dealt with it privately and got an apology .. nothing more. I dropped it and never aired it. It was an honest mistake.

Account Closed
    $35 FFL fee? I thought normal transfers were around $20-25 in Michigan.

Here is Virginia there freaking insane with their FFL fees. I went to Green Top a few days ago and they were charging $75.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvee
    $35 FFL fee? I thought normal transfers were around $20-25 in Michigan.

Here is Virginia there freaking insane with their FFL fees. I went to Green Top a few days ago and they were charging $75.
    I would say 20-25 is reasonable but not the norm. The one and only time I went to GB2 they wanted 50. Unfortunately I'd say 50 is in the realm of normal if you walk into any old gun store in my area.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast