Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Ypsi/Eastern

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Ypsi/Eastern

Hey all, I'm new to the site so do your worst.

But I figured I'd bring my first post here.
    As a student at Eastern Michigan University, I have the pleasure of receiving the timely warnings submitted via email to all students regarding the crimes that occur on/around campus. It seems that once a week I'm receiving an email about an armed robbery, assault, or even homicide (including regular updates on the Demarius Reed case). With that being said, I can't help but think on how some of these crimes can be deterred if students were allowed to CC.
    Sure many could argue that the odds of one student who carries being attacked out of the thousands of possible victims each day are unlikely; or even that just because a student is armed, it doesn't mean that he/she will be able to or even know how to react under pressure.
    But it's not as shallow as being armed/unarmed as an individual, but sending a message to the community. It turns crime into a lottery, in which the attacker get's to ask himself "do I feel lucky?" knowing that their next victim may have the capability to turn the tables in their attempt.

Unfortunately that's all the time that I have to rant at the moment; I'll try to get back to this soon.
    Last edited by Rollinaround; 11-12-2013 at 03:37 PM.

I am a Forum User
    welcome