Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: No list?

I am a Forum User

No list?

Hi,
    I was talking to my son, an officer in the US Army, about my interest in attending an Appleseed, and he thought it might mean to Obama that I was training to be "a sniper". He was concerned that it might endanger his top secret clearance in the US Army.
    I would be sympathetic to this, but I have also read that there is no list of attendees, nor is there a list of Riflemen either. There is no payment to be a "member" of the Appleseed movement. There is only a list of those who are registered members of the Civilian Marksmanship club, whereby they can buy a Garand rifle. If I didn't pursue that, there is no reason for the gummint to ever know I have been trained on a rifle.
    If I am wrong on any of this, please correct me.

I think your son is paranoid. No offense intended.

I'll let someone else that is more current than me answer specifics..I'm a bit out of date.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs
    I think your son is paranoid. No offense intended.

I'll let someone else that is more current than me answer specifics..I'm a bit out of date.
    I am not entirely averse to your point of view as long as you replace the pseudo-medical term. He is fearful, let us say, of blowback. But in today's world we are not free from IRS' abusive audits because of a statement that Obamacare has cost us our health coverage. It has happened! There are all sorts of ways Obama is manipulating things to repress points of view and expressions of opinion he doesn't share. Officers are being fired at a rate that attracts attention for their views on the Gospel, for instance, or on DADT being dropped.
    I revert to my question about how protected are the identities of participants in Appleseed events. The impression I have is that the information is not collected and that it cannot be hacked. Correct me if that is not right.

Participation in an Appleseed event does not require that you "join" anything, it is just a two day shooting/instruction event. They are not teaching any sort of "sniper" techniques. They are teaching good old fashion basic marksmanship, along with a good dose of the history of April 19, 1775.

Appleseed is not even a political group. A (the) membership in this forum would more likely get you on a list before just participating in an Appleseed.

AND the Civilian Marksmanship PROGRAM (CMP) is not a club, it is actually associated with the government.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by WelshAmerican
    I am not entirely averse to your point of view as long as you replace the pseudo-medical term. He is fearful, let us say, of blowback. But in today's world we are not free from IRS' abusive audits because of a statement that Obamacare has cost us our health coverage. It has happened! There are all sorts of ways Obama is manipulating things to repress points of view and expressions of opinion he doesn't share. Officers are being fired at a rate that attracts attention for their views on the Gospel, for instance, or on DADT being dropped.
    I revert to my question about how protected are the identities of participants in Appleseed events. The impression I have is that the information is not collected and that it cannot be hacked. Correct me if that is not right.

Ok, it was a flippant remark. I should have not responded in deference to someone more up to date than me as I said. Again I meant no offense.

"just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you" is mostly a joke, but with the current admin. who knows. You make valid points. However, You could be conceivably be tracked/identified on the basis of what you have already posted if "they" want to.

I think I read that you won't be back in the states until 2015 correct? if so you have time.

There are at least 3 or 4 Appleseed instructors of a higher level than me on this forum. as I said I have been inactive for some time.

Also, Appleseed is a 501C3 org. and is regulated/restricted from political activity or even the appearance of such.

If you were here face to face with Me I would be happy to allow you use of my rifle and related gear and impart what I know to you.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs
    If you were here face to face with Me I would be happy to allow you use of my rifle and related gear and impart what I know to you.
    Thanks for the offer! I will seriously consider it. I have found aspects of the preparation for Appleseed events a bit daunting. I read their checklist and it mentions zeroing the rifle at 25 yards. This and other stuff will have to be learned before I show up sometime in the summer or fall of 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by WelshAmerican
    Thanks for the offer! I will seriously consider it. I have found aspects of the preparation for Appleseed events a bit daunting. I read their checklist and it mentions zeroing the rifle at 25 yards. This and other stuff will have to be learned before I show up sometime in the summer or fall of 2015.
    Those are things that you will learn there. Don't over think it.

MGO Member
    It should be noted that Appleseed instructs a lot of active duty military. They actually hold Appleseeds on military bases all over the country.