Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Eddie eagle program?

Is there any places teaching this? (Monroe) Or that I can pick up the workbook?
    Grandson is getting his first daisy.....
    TIA

The Eddie "books" are available to all citizens not only instructors.

Here is the web location for you to order them on-line... they also have hat and other "Eddie" gear

http://materials.nrahq.org/go/produc...x?cat=EE_Books

I am a Forum User
    I have first hand experience that the program works. I taught it to both my kids.

When my youngest was 3 years old, my wife brought home an old cap gun from her dad's house. It was black and white plastic with a red cap on the end, but not yellow or orange like toy guns today. We put it on the coffee table for the kids to play with, and forgot about it.
    A few days later, I'm doing dishes in the kitchen and I hear my youngest say "um, dad, why is there a gun in the family room?"
    I replied "It's a toy mom got from Papa's house, she brought it home for you to play with"
    Then my son asked "it is real, dad?"
    "Nope, it's a toy, son"
    "Can I touch it"
    I replied "Yes, son, it's a toy, we brought it home for you to play with". I washed another dish or two before it clicked that the lesson worked!
    Eddie eagle is definitely a good program!

And as a side note, the gun broke in short order. Plastic toy guns get brittle after 20+ years apparently...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganShootist
    The Eddie "books" are available to all citizens not only instructors.

Here is the web location for you to order them on-line... they also have hat and other "Eddie" gear

http://materials.nrahq.org/go/produc...x?cat=EE_Books
    That was the first place I looked It's cheap enough for 25 books....I just don't want the other 24 to go to waste....

MGO Member
    Somewhere I saw a posting about schools and gun ed.

Eddie can be done with Scout (cub/boy) with out any big yanks anywhere. Maybe some scout parents would object but just remind em "all scout activities are optional."

PS Just realized the discussion I had read is the next thread down from this one..

Banned Forum User
    See if you can find an NRA "First Steps" class, or the Basic rifle (small-bore) class. They are both heavy on the safety aspect. The Michigan Hunters Ed might be a good place to start too.

I am sure that they are offered in your location (United States)

MGO Member
    The Appleseed project teaches wonderful firearms safety. When that grandson is old enough to shoot being him to Appleseed. The safety, shooting and history is something he will remember for the rest of his life.

I am a Forum User
    http://www.daisy.com/education
    Here is the link to daisy's gun safety book.