Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle George
    It's actually a bit of a shame. I personally really like the Boberg concept. A friend of mine has a 9 mm and I really enjoyed shooting it. Easy to conceal, pleasant recoil, and very accurate. I thought the fit and finish was also very good and was the only +$1,000 pistol that I actually gave serious consideration to buying.

I do see how many would sour on the gun given recent circumstances.
    Would your "friend" be obersaber? Both from the Lansing area, both joined the same month, hmm???

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624
    Would your "friend" be obersaber? Both from the Lansing area, both joined the same month, hmm???

HA HA!

That's a good one!

No my friend is someone that can afford expensive toys. He's single, has a good job and has no kids. I'm just an average Joe, married and a kid in college.

I would not knowingly be anywhere near anyone that promotes inverted carry. I worked as a morticians assistant in college and I always hated cleaning up brains off of the floor.
    Last edited by Jungle George; 01-05-2014 at 03:23 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I held and played with the XR45-s at SHOT Show 2014 quite a bit, even talked with Mr. and Mrs. Boberg (Mr was super nice and knowledgeable, Mrs. was pushy and a poor sales person). It's the same thing as the 9MM version, just bigger, chunckier version. The DAO trigger was actually quite a bit nicer than the 9MM and it was clear this was Mr. Boberg's second stab at a brand new/ground up pistol. The fit/finish/design was much better thought out.

To answer the other questions yes it still has the reverse magazine bullet extraction concept, so yes it still has the same issues "in theory" as the 9MM versions. However Mr. Boberg did say that .45 ACP seems/tends to be better crimped/seated/higher friction rates between the bullet and case. The only ammo they have had real issues with is coated ammo (99% steal case) because it builds up in the rim thus preventing their dual extraction arms from grabbing the casing.

I still wouldn't spend asking price, but it's a super cool gun/design and a classic american small business success story. If I run across a used one at a decent price I'll buy it, if for nothing else to add to my "Weird and wacky" gun collection.

I am a Forum User
    So I've put maybe close to 1800 rounds through my Boberg XR9-S Platinum. I have ONLY used the recommed ammunition that is listed on the Boberg website for acceptable bullets.

I can only rember 1 failure to feed, and that was after putting over 400 rounds in it in 1 day with myself and 3 othere friends that wanted to shoot all day long.

After 3 hours of shooting a few guns in 1 day, anybody can accidentally limp wrist 1 or 2 rounds, don't you think? I carry my XR9-S almost everyday, and have done so for over 2 years now, and I am totally confident in its ability to protect myself and my family!

Huge Boberg fan... huge!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12