Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Ruger Customer Service review

Hello, all.

I have always heard good things about Sturm, Ruger and Co., Inc.’s customer service, and I recently had a chance to experience it myself.

My New Vaquero was second (or maybe third) hand. I picked it up a few years ago in a trade, but had never fired it. From the start, it appeared to me to have a few issues that were not real obvious when I made the trade.

One problem was pretty obvious. It looked like someone tried to clean up the frame with steel wool and ended up scratching it in a few places.

Second, the cylinder had the usual stripe around its circu****ence, but in some places it had at least three stripes! I have no idea how that could have happened, but fortunately Ruger did.

Finally, working the action felt somewhere between smooth and very slightly sloppy. The trigger actually felt pretty good, just a little lighter than I expected, based on my brother’s Vaquero.

So, I decided to contact Ruger customer support and ask them a few questions. I got a call back a day or two later from them. The person was very knowledgeable and he said that the people who make the calls are the people who make the repairs, so nothing is lost in translation. I described the issues and he gave me an RMA number so that I could send it in.

During the time they had it, Ruger called once to confirm something they had told me originally: they no longer provide the “case finish” on the receivers because they had experienced a few customer concerns. So, they asked me if I would mind if they refinished the entire revolver. Also, they told me that if they found a few custom parts which they were required to replace.

I received the New Vaquero via UPS the other day and it looked and felt like a brand-new New Vaquero!

The cylinder was replaced, along with every screw. The guts were replaced, including the trigger. Apparently, there were several custom internal parts, which were returned to me.

I am anxious to give it a little work out. I think I will wait until the weather breaks (June?) and take it up north to try it out. Outdoors in the country seems like the right place.

Looking it over carefully, it seems to me that I have a brand new handgun, thanks to the good people at Sturm, Ruger and Co. Inc. And my total cost? About $80 to ship it to New Hampshire. I don’t think customer service like that can be beat.

So, I have been thinking about picking up a new bolt action rifle. I own several other Ruger products and now that Ruger American Compact is looking pretty good!

Thanks,
    Dan

Account Closed Forum User
    Great report! Thanks for sharing it, Dan.

I am a Forum User
    I also had a good customer experience with Ruger. An SR9c developed a problem that required a trip back to the factory. After spending only a couple of minutes on the phone explaining what broke they paid for shipping in both directions. Pistol was less than a Year old an only had a few hundred rounds through it. Did not find more than one or two accounts of this problem reported on the internet so it was probably not a common problem.

Very happy with the pistol and Rugers customer service.

I am a Forum User
    I own alot of rugers

I buy them for 2 reasons

1. customer service
    2. Made in the USA

I have a m77 mark II, 10/22, SR9C, SR1911, SR556, LC9, and just sold my single six

the single six had a bad hammer when i bought it. I knew Ruger would take care of me either way with the repair even tho im not the orginal owner.

I called, they gave me a number and I sent it in on a friday. They recieved it monday, and i got a email from them on tuesday saying my gun has been repaired and its on the way back to me.

Recieved the gun on the following thursday!

Less than a week turn around time!

I cant stress enough how much i appreciate Ruger and what they do for their customers!..

I will continue to buy Ruger products! I think alot more people should give them a chance also!

MGO Member
    Only ever called em once, back when they sold the parts for Mark IIIs mags cheap.
    The lady taking the order knew exactly what I needed and I rec them in a very reasonable time. That was about 8 or 9 yrs ago.

I am a Forum User
    Totally agree, great service. Thinking about picking up the new GP100.