Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I didn't know there was a difference between a loaded gun and an unloaded gun. They're all loaded. All the time. No matter what. Even if they're unloaded they're loaded.

Thanks for sharing.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Slossar1004
    I didn't know there was a difference between a loaded gun and an unloaded gun. They're all loaded. All the time. No matter what. Even if they're unloaded they're loaded.

Thanks for sharing.
    You never dry fire or function check your guns?

Quote Originally Posted by wsr
    You never dry fire or function check your guns?
    OP's finger was on the trigger before he knew the condition of the weapon. Among other things, he said he was half a pull away from needing new flooring. If your finger is on the trigger, expect to f something up.

We're taught from day one - they're all loaded all of the time. From the Boy Scouts to boot camp, it's sure to be in the top three of the most basic weapon handling rules. I don't care how salty a person thinks they are, if you treat it any other way you're being careless. Or just plain stupid.

OP, not bashing you. Glad you put yourself in check before having to call the 1-800-Empire guys in for a new floor....or an ambulance for a hole in the foot.

I am a Forum User
    I knew I did something wrong when I did it.. That's what made me stop..

I did a lot of things wrong from the time I started to the point I put an "all stop" to the entire chain of events..

I don't mind being told all of the mistakes I made because I made a lot..

I posted this thread because it was really lucky that I didn't get a consequence for all of the stupid things I did..

I am a Forum User
    OP's finger was on the trigger before he knew the condition of the weapon. Among other things, he said he was half a pull away from needing new flooring. If your finger is on the trigger, expect to f something up.

We're taught from day one - they're all loaded all of the time. From the Boy Scouts to boot camp, it's sure to be in the top three of the most basic weapon handling rules. I don't care how salty a person thinks they are, if you treat it any other way you're being careless. Or just plain stupid.

OP, not bashing you. Glad you put yourself in check before having to call the 1-800-Empire guys in for a new floor....or an ambulance for a hole in the foot.
    What we are told and the real world are two different things is my point the "always loaded all the time no matter what" mantra is great with new shooters when all you want or need from them is obedience
    Once they understand the dangers and responsibility involved you have to move on to more realistic expectations and teach them to actually think and perform in the real world

What we are told and the real world are two different things is my point the "always loaded all the time no matter what" mantra is great with new shooters when all you want or need from them is obedience
    Once they understand the dangers and responsibility involved you have to move on to more realistic expectations and teach them to actually think and perform in the real world
    [soapbox]

IMHO, in a firearms safety forum this is a pretty irresponsible and bold thing to say. You have a broad audience with many different levels of experience.

From General Officer to recruit, cradle to grave: always loaded is solid advice for all skill levels.

As I put my soapbox back in the closet I'll leave with this parting shot; I sincerely hope you're never the guy who says "I thought it wasn't loaded."

[/soapbox]

I am a Forum User
    [soapbox]

IMHO, in a firearms safety forum this is a pretty irresponsible and bold thing to say. You have a broad audience with many different levels of experience.

From General Officer to recruit, cradle to grave: always loaded is solid advice for all skill levels.

As I put my soapbox back in the closet I'll leave with this parting shot; I sincerely hope you're never the guy who says "I thought it wasn't loaded."

[/soapbox]
    I go back to, you never dry fire or function check your firearms?

They are not always loaded no matter what.
    They loaded until verified to be unloaded

They loaded until verified to be unloaded
    You're paraphrasing.

I agree, and I will no longer say "always loaded." Henceforth I will say "loaded until verified to be unloaded."

I still don't think it's a mantra that benefits only new shooters.

I would much rather see instructors emphasizing how to properly check your weapon(and practice doing it) instead of just assume its loaded. I dont assume anything that my life is depending on.

I am a Forum User
    A guy on the 68forums gave himself a ceiling repair job for Valentine's Day:
    All guns are loaded

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast