Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Where are my glock guys at?

Currently looking to pick up my first glock. Currently own a Ruger sr9c and a S&W bodyguard.

Looking for something not to heavy but like a everyday carry.

I have Medium size hands

Seen the 26&27 and I think might to small and I heard the pinky extension pinches your fingers when shooting.

Which would be good for me that's in between my current pistols I own.

Was also looking at the Springfield XDS but kinda iffy about it since the recall they had on them.

Please leave your suggestions on what you think would be the best choice for me.

I am a Forum User
    For hunting?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by .44Smith&Wesson
    For hunting?
    Sorry for CC

If the 26 is too small, try the G19. If you believe the hype, the saying is if you only own one handgun it should be a G19.

For the record, I do not own a Glock.

I am a Forum User
    I carry a 26 most of the time. it's a decent size and I've never been pinched by the pinky ext. I thought I would prefer the ext. mag but after shooting and carry I normally just carry/shoot the flush mag. it just did not feel normal at first to have my pinky free. I've gotten quite use to it pretty quickly . shoot well without it too.

I am a Forum User
    G27.

And for the ladies maybe a G26.

Account Closed Forum User

G23

My wife and I love the glock 23, so does my brother. Carries well.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by amontana086
    G27.

And for the ladies maybe a G26.
    lmao more comfortable and concealable on my hip than the 1911

I have pretty small hands, so Glocks never fit me right until gen 4.

I have owned a 27. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. It was just way to snappy(that's coming from a guy that likes and owns .40s). Everbody I had let try it couldn't hit worth a poop with it...

I think the size of the 19 is pretty perfect for concealed and range time. I currently own both the 19 and 17 in gen 4s. One is American, the other Austrian. Neither have given me any problems and both seem on par in quality with each other.

I have recently moved into my 17 as my everyday carry. I don't think longer slides are harder to conceal, but taller frames are. So to get the best of both worlds(talking g19 and 17), I had the frame on my g17 cut down to accept g19 mags. This made the gun the same height as a 19 but I get the added advantages of the heavier slide(reduces felt recoil), the longer barrel(slightly more muzzle velocity), and the longer sight picture(more accurate shooting).

I really think a 17 chopped down to accept 19 mags is the best glock combo out their....but if you can't afford to do that, just get a 19 and call it a day(the 17 isn't significantly softer shooting, just marginally...I've shot them side by side).

As far as the XDs, I had a fair amount of range time with mine and it never gave me issues...mine had not been "fixed" either. I sold it because it didn't fill a roll I needed for me. I have the glock for all day carry and a Kahr cm9 for a grab and go carry when I don't want to take the time to put my OWB kydex on for the glock or HK....the XDs filled no voids for me, but I did trust mine. Mine ran great!

Obligatory photo... 17 is on the right.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 01-21-2014 at 03:59 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I like the g19 for the all around gun.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast