Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    If the 26/27 is too small, then I recommend the G19/23. If you like 9mm then give the G19 a try, a .40 better, then try out the G23. Both are identical in size, and are great for CC. I carry a G19 and it fits me well.

I am a Forum User
    19. It's bigger then the 26/27 and is smaller then the 17/22. Plus it's the most common Glock ever built. Holsters, parts, mags, ect. are very common and easy to find.

The 19 has slightly less room for your middle finger, and jams it under the trigger guard for me, so I prefer the full size frames. Go fondle some Glocks to see which frame fits best.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by M1Grandfan100
    19. It's bigger then the 26/27 and is smaller then the 17/22. Plus it's the most common Glock ever built. Holsters, parts, mags, ect. are very common and easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by JDG
    The 19 has slightly less room for your middle finger, and jams it under the trigger guard for me, so I prefer the full size frames. Go fondle some Glocks to see which frame fits best.
    That can be remedied by undercutting the trigger guard like my 17 has had done. Photo of it on 1st page...though it's hard to tell.

I am a Forum User
    You can't miss with the 19 or 17.

Go fondle one to see which you like.

There are plenty of ways to modify them as cocowheats mentions...

Those guns are MEGA-popular for a reason. Great shooters... You won't be disappointed. I would recommend loooking for one with some triji night sights or something... I'm not a big fan of the stock glock sights.

I am a Forum User
    Really depends on how you're going to carry. As an example, I carry inside the waistband, and find my Glock 27 to be just a smidge more than I like to have on me all the time. I carry my S and W Airweight 95 percent of the time, because it's smaller, weighs about 5 ounces less, and with the Hogue grip on it, it's easier to draw and fits my hand better.

Personally, I don't like anything over 18 ounces for every day carry. It's a good idea to know how much weight you can tolerate EVERY day.

By the way, I have the pinky extender on my g27 and have never been pinched. Another way to go if you want an extension is to get the +2 mag extender so you'll have the advantage of more to grip and more opportunities to hit your target.

Account Closed Forum User
    I've owned quite a few Glock 19s and I have been happy with every single one of them. Never had a problem and they always just fit my hand so well. I always end up selling or trading them off to get something more interesting but it has been the one pistol that I always end up wanting (and buying) again.

With that said... The one Glock that I put together that I miss the most is a Glock 22 RTF2 that I had all set up with a Lone Wolf 9MM conversion barrel, tons of Glock 17 mags, tungsten guide rod and all sorts of other goodies. It was the ultimate End of the World pistol. Could use both .40S&W and 9MM without a single issue... took less than 30 seconds to switch calibers, was VERY accurate with the 9MM barrel and was just a joy to shoot.

Damnit... Now I wanna put together another one.

Just FYI... If you do decide to run that course (or anyone else for that matter)... YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY AN ENTIRE SLIDE TO CONVERT TO 9MM ON A GLOCK 22. ALL YOU NEED IS A GOOD 9MM "CONVERSION" BARREL AND GLOCK 17 MAGS. That's it. No need to change out the extractor or anything else. I'm sure there will be people on here who want to argue about this but unless you have done it yourself I don't want to hear your regurgitated internet BS. I did it exactly as described and it ran without a single hiccup for well over 2000 rounds before I traded it off.

G19!!

If you get Glock knuckle with it, undercut the trigger gaurd. I've only done it to one of my Glocks, but WOW, what a difference it made.

I am a Forum User
    I agree that the Glock 19 is a great all around gun.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast