Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

My Impression Of My CPL Class

I am in no way intending this post to be an advertisement for the CPL Class I took February 1.

I signed up to take the CPL Class at Detroit Arms LLC in Macomb County. Just want to thank them publicly for a great experience with a fantastic instructor, Brian Turo. It was a long day but well worth it.

I am a Forum User
    Congratulations!

Better get that application turned in though. The wait seems like an eternity.

I am a Forum User
    Macomb County time's are not that bad unless something has changed recently.

Congrats on the class.

Timing of App

Consider your birth date before applying for CPL, it could make a years difference in the expiration date. There is a sticky here on the law that explains the exp date/birthday deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ltcnav
    Consider your birth date before applying for CPL, it could make a years difference in the expiration date. There is a sticky here on the law that explains the exp date/birthday deal.
    Not any more, they changed the law for renewals.

If it is for a first time, it is what it is.

Are you going to wait for 6 months~ year to apply because you will lose a few months on that first one? It will be good for AT LEAST 4 years, but NOT MORE THAN 5.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Just saying, if you are within a month or so of your birthday it can make almost a years difference in your expiration date, to me it is worth the wait. My county clerk is good at letting folks know about this(Marquette).
    Really don't want a pissing contest over it, just something to consider.

MGO Member
    Detroit Arms runs a very professional, very pleasant business. I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to Doreen and crew. They rock!
    If at first you don't succeed, don't skydive.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Starvin48
    Detroit Arms runs a very professional, very pleasant business. I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to Doreen and crew. They rock!
    Even though it has just been revealed that they teach incorrect information?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by teecro
    No, they don't teach incorrect information. My explanation of the scenario was incorrect. I explained in my other post that it was a suggestion not a legal interpretation.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teecro

Hearsay.

But thank you for making me think it through.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't skydive.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast