Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeSR
    No, they don't teach incorrect information. My explanation of the scenario was incorrect. I explained in my other post that it was a suggestion not a legal interpretation.
    Did you see the post where they claimed you needed to take a 3 hour refresher course and that you must have a current CPL?

That may be an in-house requirement, but they make it sound like it's a state requirement.

They teach incorrect information by omission and by misleading the customer.

Accept it.
    "Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.

One more lie to add to the list. They told my wife she had a maximum of six months to apply for her cpl from the date she took her class, or she would have to sign up to receive another training certificate.

There is not an expiration date on the training. However, your local county gun board will review the training certificate to see if is acceptable.
    http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7...0953--,00.html

Brian Turo taught the first cpl class I ever took in 1993 at theTarget Sports on Woodward. He taught me many things about shooting that helped me out a lot. He was a great teacher.

MGO Member
    I had a great experience with Brian and Doreen for my CPL course. There was a ton of useful information given, and they had great answers to some pretty tough questions that I put them up to. Relaxed classroom environment where not one person felt out of place or unwelcome.

Don't hesitate to give them a look if you're in the Macomb Co area.

And let's not forget, Doreen's baking is second to none. I must have left class 5 lbs heavier after trying oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies for the first time.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra's al Ghul
    I had a great experience with Brian and Doreen for my CPL course. There was a ton of useful information given, and they had great answers to some pretty tough questions that I put them up to. Relaxed classroom environment where not one person felt out of place or unwelcome.

Don't hesitate to give them a look if you're in the Macomb Co area.

And let's not forget, Doreen's baking is second to none. I must have left class 5 lbs heavier after trying oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies for the first time.
    What did they say about OC? brandishing? etc

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by johntncm
    Brian Turo taught the first cpl class I ever took in 1993 at theTarget Sports on Woodward. He taught me many things about shooting that helped me out a lot. He was a great teacher.
    I took a class from Brian a few years ago. He was nice guy but in all honestly he was one of the worst instructors I have trained with over the last several years. While it wasn't a CPL class and I wasn't there to learn the laws there were a few he apparently did not understand. There was very little instruction outside of telling us what the next portion of the course of fire was. In addition, some of the things he said was kind of surprising and disappointing coming from an instructor.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wsr
    What did they say about OC? brandishing? etc
    I just took a quick peek at some of my notes from the class. Regarding brandishing........ he told our class if someone sees you printing that is in fact brandishing.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Glossberg
    I just took a quick peek at some of my notes from the class. Regarding brandishing........ he told our class if someone sees you printing that is in fact brandishing.
    That could be an NRA thing. Way back when I got my CPL (the new model), my instructors said the same thing.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Glossberg
    crap class

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by cedartop
    That could be an NRA thing. Way back when I got my CPL (the new model), my instructors said the same thing.

It's certainly possible. All I know is some of the laws he stated as facts were wrong and other students took his word for it. However, that was only part of the issues with his class.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast