Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

American Security safes, Thoughts or comments.

With our first baby on the way I thought it might be a good time to start looking for something better than my little fire-safe. I stopped at Michigan Safe Company here in East Lansing and was looking at their American Security safes. I really liked the FV series they had.

Has anyone had any experience with this brand of safe or Michigan Safe Company?

I am a Forum User
    I have a bf series and love it pricey but damn good safes

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hunting fool
    I have a bf series and love it pricey but damn good safes
    Thanks for the reply Hunting, the BF is a bit more than I need and the TF seems to be a good value. The models I looked at appear to all be well made.

Buy one that you think is way too big. You'll end up needing the space...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by sva01
    Buy one that you think is way too big. You'll end up needing the space...
    Very True

MGO Member
    I have one of the larger but rather plain ones. Like it a lot. I agree with buying larger than you planned, it all expands to fill the available space.
    Jim

I am a Forum User
    I bought my AmSec back in 1990. The external hinges let you remove the door, a big deal if you're have to move it up or down a flight of stairs. If I was to do it all over again, I'd paint the inside white or robin's egg blue and install rope lighting. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by juicemon
    .... and install rope lighting. JMHO
    I installed rope lights with a motion switch so the lights come on when I open the safe door. Works great and much less expensive than factory lighting. Also installed a plexiglas mirror on back wall to reflect the light. Lights up the interior of the safe very nicely.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming
    I installed rope lights with a motion switch so the lights come on when I open the safe door. Works great and much less expensive than factory lighting. Also installed a plexiglas mirror on back wall to reflect the light. Lights up the interior of the safe very nicely.
    sounds like a strip club in there!!!

I picked one up last year. It was a great CraigsList find and in need of some exterior restoration. The price was right and it was only 15 min away, so I brought it home, stripped it, and put some fresh enamel on it. Turned out pretty nice and it's been a great safe for me. I don't have any experience with the new models (mine is a '95 model), but if they are anything like the old ones, you'll be pleased.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast