Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

N82 Tactical IWB Holster

www.n82tactical.com

Long story short, I like it.

image.jpg

I picked up the professional model that has the polycarbonate holster with retention and adjustable cant for my Shield 9mm. I bought in Dayton, Ohio at Sim Trainer Academy in for $72 out the door. Very few mid-west LGS carry, but I think that will change as more people become familiar with this product.

I've learned that buying a carry holster online is similar to buying shoes online. You try to get familiar with the brand while weeding through people's opinions. You watch a few You Tube videos filmed by some goofy mouth breather gun zealot in his dimly lit basement manipulating the holster with his hands but never showing a clip of practical application. You buy it and hope that it fits. I was fortunate enough in this circumstance to have seen one in person, I borrowed it and wore it for the better part of a day. One of our local LEOs has been using a N82 for a while and spoke highly of it. Although I bought locally, I'd buy another from the website for my other pistols without reservation.

Initial impression is favorable. The holster appears to be durable. A lot of other IWB holsters appear big when you're shopping online, but the N82 is not. It seems perfectly sized to me.

It's comfortable but initially the front edge felt like it might cause a problem. As the nylon trim, suede & leather get warmer, comfort increases. I've forgotten that I have it on.

Drawing from the professional doesn't take much getting used to. Slight pressure and a turn of the pistol grip towards your body is all it takes to draw. It's quick and easy. The single clip does not affect my ability to draw quickly. Train to draw and you've got no worries.

Typically I'm not worried about printing, but for the purpose of this review, there is little.

If anyone has questions, PM me and I'll try my best to answer.
    Last edited by Slossar1004; 03-16-2014 at 01:17 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Glad to hear you've had good luck with one. I ordered the exact same professional model for my Glock 23....ordered it Friday from the web site......hopefully it'll be here in 10 days or so......

Hope it doesn't disappoint. I did a pretty good job of talking it up. LMK what you think.

I am a Forum User
    Finally received my Pro Model this morning..... ..fit and finish are excellent and the retention system is top notch. Have been wearing it all day with my Glock 23 and am more than pleased with it.... The single clip is in no way a hindrance in drawing and the clip/cant can be adjusted easily.......... The only issue I have is that I seem to have developed a little dunlop problem over this long winter......wonder if that's a holster problem or a skinny jeans problem.... .............

Overall it was money well spent, a great investment and made in the USA.......

Last edited by Danger Dan; 03-03-2014 at 04:42 PM.

I am a Forum User

N82

I have the professional also and I love it!!! Super comfortable even carring my g29 all day. Best part not a big deal to get a south paw version.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by piercedone
    I have the professional also and I love it!!! Super comfortable even carring my g29 all day. Best part not a big deal to get a south paw version.

The big selling point for me was a lot less material with the Pro model compared to other two clip IWB holsters on the market.......

Glad to hear you're happy with it.

Now for the durability test.

Added a pic to OP.

I ordered another for my PPQ M2 yesterday.

I am a Forum User
    Just ordered a regular style one for my XDs. Looking forward to getting it, heard nothing but good things about them.

Ordered six days ago and I just put my PPQ in. Just as good a fit as the shield.

Good holsters and quick service. Nice!image.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast