Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

New M&P Bodyguard 380

Got the brand new M&P Bodyguard 380 (laserless)
    I have owned both 380's and sold laser style to get the shield 40 which is for winter carry and got. 380 for summer pocket carry.
    First complaint that both mags would not fully engage without a ruff smack on bottom. Problem solved.
    Second complain is I can not load Remington hollow points. Now I have tried 3 other types of 380 ammo and works good. Remington's will not allow me to apply the thumb safety. Not sure if this will change after break in period. I'm hoping so.
    Anyways not much change other than slide serrations and no laser. Still heavy trigger.
    Ordered online at Kygunco and got it for 319 with no tax and free shipping.
    Pretty good deal. Also came with 2 mags.

I am a Forum User
    Is the trigger any different at all?

I've really gotten used to mine, I just loathe the reset. Mine seems to click twice, but I can only tell during dry fire. I find that I slap the trigger more than I'd care to admit, but for what it is, I've learned to live with it. I can't comment on the Remington HPs, because I use Hornady Critical Defense.

And thanks for the review, this definitely will keep me from buying another. I like it, but I'd rather put the money toward something else.

I am a Forum User
    Trigger seems exactly the same. I almost bought another sig 238 but it costs almost twice the price of the bodyguard. I also like how flat and light this gun is. Only difference I can see is no laser, slide serrations which I like original ones better, and the m&p stamping which makes it look like other m&p's.
    Now I have only cycled a few fmj's and is now accepting a few of the hollowpoints. So not exactly what the problem was. Probably just tighter tolerance. Now the hollowpoints did cycle through a friends older bodyguard.
    Who knows.

I am a Forum User

Nice Guns

I have the Shield 9mm for winter/fall, and just got the non-laser Bodyguard for summer. They are both great guns. Using N82 Professional holster for the Shield. What holster(s) are you using for the BG?

Thanks

I am a Forum User
    I have the BG .380 and wasn't overly impressed with it. But the price was right. The main complaint everyone has is the trigger. I ordered the short trigger bar kit from Galloway Precision. With a little work of polishing the contact surfaces it turned a not so desirable trigger into one that's not too bad. http://gallowayprecision.com/smith-a...bodyguard-380/
    And I just picked up an IWB holster from Kusiak Leather. I'm really impressed with the retention. http://www.kusiakleather.com/store.html

Last edited by StartingLine; 04-06-2014 at 06:53 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Hey Roy
    Actually right now the gun is at smith and wesson. Can't get anything to feed properly. Only ammo that works is Hornady CD. Definately a problem with the new mim barrels. Hope to get it back this week or next.
    This is my first problem ever with a gun and I own and have owned close to 40 handguns.
    As for holsters go I use RMB custom leather IWB holsters. Wet molded for each gun and very comfortable. I also have a barsony iwb holster for shield and fits my glock 27 and kimber ultra carry.
    I would def recommend rmb in the future.
    I'll keep you guys posted on my BG when it returns.

I am a Forum User
    Yea I've actually been eye balling those Kusiak holsters. They look sharp. Just wonder how fit would be on BG with no laser.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by keebz View Post
    First complaint that both mags would not fully engage without a ruff smack on bottom. Problem solved.
    I was looking at one at Cabela's the other day that had the same issue. You really had to smack it!

I am a Forum User
    Just got my bodyguard back today. They replaced the barrell and with one without the injection mold line down the chamber. Seems to be cycling everything perfect now. Thought I would be getting a new magazine or sticker or something but I got nothing but a working gun. Hahah. O well least it works now.