Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Any Kayak fisherman out there?

Hey guys, just wondering if anybody else uses a Kayak for fishing?

I only use mine when my bass boat isn't practical (rivers, small ponds) but boy is it fun!
    I went out last weekend since the ice finally broke, sort of.

Didn't do much fishing, mostly just paddling around.

I am a Forum User
    Nice. I tried a few times on Lake St. Clair and quickly determined I needed more experience before hitting a larger lake. If you're looking for a fish finder that works well with a kayak, let me know. I know someone selling one.

I am a Forum User
    I try not to venture onto any big bodies if water, due to boat traffic and water conditions.

Small lakes and rivers are a blast in a kayak though.

I have a friend who also fishes from one, I'll see if he might be interested.

Haven't been out yet, but soon. I also have the Mariner 10.4 for smaller lakes. I installed a couple flush mount rod holders behind the seat, and an anchor trolley system. Very simple & effective fishing machine for when you don't have to go too far and the winds are light. Keep it on my van most of the time - just in case.

I am a Forum User
    A bit late to the party but I have been kayak fishing for about 18 years and it is some of the best times on the water. I also have a10.4 Mariner sit in. I have installed 1 flush mount rod holder behind the cockpit and 2 adjustable rod holders in front. I raised them up about 1 1/2” so the rod butt doesn’t hit the deck. I live in Livonia so I fish mostly lakes in Wayne, Oakland and Washtenaw counties. Private message me if you want to meet up some time. Good luck and be safe, Randy

Quote Originally Posted by RCJW View Post
    A bit late to the party but I have been kayak fishing for about 18 years and it is some of the best times on the water. I also have a10.4 Mariner sit in. I have installed 1 flush mount rod holder behind the cockpit and 2 adjustable rod holders in front. I raised them up about 1 1/2” so the rod butt doesn’t hit the deck. I live in Livonia so I fish mostly lakes in Wayne, Oakland and Washtenaw counties. Private message me if you want to meet up some time. Good luck and be safe, Randy
    Have you fished Newburgh?

I am a Forum User
    My son wants to get a couple fishing kayaks. I think it would be a blast.

I am a Forum User
    Again a bit behind on reply. Yes on NEWBURG Lake. It gets very weed choked in the shallows. There some good large mouth and pike. I have done ok on surface baits and some plastics. Very busy and fast summer but got out few times and did well. If you’re interested in going out next summer let me know. I am always glad to spend quality time on the water. Be safe and keep in touch. Randy

I am a Forum User
    I bought a cheap sun dolphin fishing kayak years ago just to fish while the family tubes down the river,
    Love every day I get to go, fish or no fish it's a fun day

MGO Member
    The kayak allows me to get into areas inaccessible by boat when I target bass and pike. Some days it's just easier to toss the kayak in the truck than to launch the boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast