Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

SHOOTING WITHOUT EARPLUGS????

Terrible idea I know I royally F-ed up. I have always had plugs and carry them in my dry box. The problem was when we got out there I was out and no one had spares. I didnt shoot a whole hell of alot i stood off to the side. We were outside shooting and now I have a ringing in my left ear and the hearing is a little muffled. Has anyone experienced this & does it go away after time ? Yes i know it was dumb and i already ordered a reusable molded set this week and also bought a 50 pack of foam disposibles to thro back in box. Has anyone experienced this and know if it will go away. Its not painfull and the hearing gets better day by day but does the ring go away? Let me know your experience and how long it lasted

I am a Forum User
    you achieved hearing loss! Congratulations!

99 of 100 times it is forever... the ringing and loss of hearing is tinitus.. sometimes it might heal, or lessen over time.

if your lucky..

on the bright side....it probably wont get WORSE... probably..

I am a Forum User
    The ringing is a sign of hearing damage, it will heal but you will/have lost a tiny bit of hearing and over time it all adds up....

MGO Member
    The tinitus is pretty much forever. It will lessen a bit and you will get used to it and learn to cope with it.

But we must all pay for our mistakes, welcome to your penance.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    MCRGO Concealed Pistol License Safety & Training Instructor.
    NRA RSO & Certified Instructor Basic Pistol, PPITH (CPL), and PPOTH.
    Criminals don't care, not about your life, not about your stuff, not about your animals.....
    They are like politiicans, as long as they get what they want, they don't care.

I learned the hard way when I was young, went to the Winston 400 Nascar race at MIS with no hearing protection.

You can believe that I got some kleenex stuffed in my ears post haste ;^D

For shooting, we have many pairs of these lightweight folding active muffs;
    http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-...d+leight+sport

Brian
    NRA Life Member + RSO
    OCSC Member (full)
    HGC Member (associate)

I am a Forum User
    I already had tinnitus from playing the drums too much without hearing protection in my younger days, so now when people rag on me for doubling up with plugs and muffs, I just briefly explain that to them.

Having had tinnitus for at least ten years now though, I will say that I almost never notice it unless I'm laying wide awake at night and everything else is silent. I usually play some music or run a fan quietly for some white noise and it's a lot better than the ringing.

I am a Forum User
    I always double up on indoor ranges. Outdoor I just use active muffs unless there is some really big guns going off.

I am a Forum User
    WHAT??

I am a Forum User
    Not sure how old you are but I did this as a regular thing back in my in my young and dumb days.
    The ringing will go away and the muffled hearing will get better. How ever you have done some permanent damage to your hearing.
    when you get into your 50's you wont be able hear worth a damn and will need need hearing aids.
    If you are in your 30;s or older you may have the ringing permantly

MGO Member
    Dont worry 'it is only a 22 I have been told. The same to young fellows later related that the "usually shoot a 44" w/ no protection (twice as loud??).

I recall back in high school days shooting 25 or so trap without protection. Im sure that that started it. Later it was lawnmowers and chainsaws in the 70's-yuk. If yopu use a leaf blower make sure to have muffs. It is soon to be the season and they are extremely bad.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast