Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    MGO Member
    I've had tinnitus since my late teens (bouncing at night clubs and concerts.) At first, I thought I'd go nuts with the ringing. You eventually get use to it but as mentioned, I only hear it in the still of the night with no other noise in the room. I have slept with a fan on ever since for some white noise. I can still hear really well, just have the constant ringing for over 20 years now. I double up hearing protection at the range...indoor or out.

I am a Forum User
    I have only shot without ear plugs 1 time and it was the last. I only had to fire off 2 rounds to realized that was a dumb move.

I am a Forum User
    Well its been 11 days now still have the ringing but the hearing is i'd say 80% i can hear well for the most part but certain noises aren't as crisp as the other side hears.

After a tour in the Corps, ( no hearing protection ) & 30 years in an assembly plant ( no hearing protection ), my favorite word is now WHAT???
    Harder to come by nowadays, but cigarette butts make a good emergency hearing plug.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    I did the same thing with my Glock 17 and wow was that a shocker. It took about a day to clear up.

I am a Forum User
    I popped off one round of my M&P 9 without ear protection and I now put earplugs in my pocket as part of my EDC. I don't think I'll have time to access them life or death but it can't hurt and weigh about the same as the air in my coin pocket.

I am a Forum User
    I was out to family farm and did some rifle shooting a while back and my brother decided to pop off some rounds with our .45 so I was game . shot about 100 rds each with 1911 and we were both using "what" and hearing ringing on the ride back . I've shot skeet , target with shotguns for years without any issues . but I will be shooting with some sort of hearing protection from now on if it's more than hunting or shooting a few rounds. the ringing only lasted a few hours, I it's been 11 days you should probably have them checked if you have not already.

I am a Forum User
    i can shoot 12 gauge's all day long with no ear protection. not all the loud. my Mosin nagant isnt too bad. my 1911 kind of cracks. any .223 rifle is not fun with no ears. my .308 isnt to bad thoe.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kdogg View Post
    True story...

Went to the range with a buddy one time and he forgot ear pro. I had my muffs with me so I had no extra plugs. My buddy took his .45, buried one of this ears into a shoulder, plugged the other ear with a finger and popped two .45ACP's into the hill. Hey then re-holstered, picked up the brass and said "ear plugs".

I gave it a try and it works VERY well. Way better than hearing damage.
    Anything is better than nothing. Get a ggood pair of muffs, as noted around 29-30 and ALWAYS wear em, shooting, snowblower, leaf blower, all other machined yard equip. You dont think it bothers but hearing loss is additive--over the years. How many above said they have tinnitis??Add one more, me, from all of the above, little by little, on and on and on.....like time marching on..

For all those saying "been doing it for year w/ no problems" (#27 above)--it was happening it is ADDITIVE over the years.

I am a Forum User
    In the Army if we forgot our earplugs we would put 5.56 brass in our ears. Fit pretty good

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast