Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

how do i register my ar15 lower as a pistol?

anyone know how to have this done? can it be done? does it get stamped and registered as a pistol? any input would help...i appreciate your time and would welcome any and all info on this subject.....have a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by cultclassics#37 View Post
    anyone know how to have this done? can it be done? does it get stamped and registered as a pistol? any input would help...i appreciate your time and would welcome any and all info on this subject.....have a good day!
    All you need to do is fill out a RI60 3 part, here is the link...

fill it out , now you need to measure the barrel length, and over all length & Ser# too..... CPL # in it box, Sign it as the seller and buyer... turn it in...

Don't worry about the Nics , or FFL#....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by XDM 40 cal; 05-11-2014 at 06:18 PM.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Account Closed Forum User
    Is that all there is to it??

I am a Forum User
    thank you sir!....i really appreciate your time....have a good day, good people here!

MGO Member
    Well you have to build a pistol first. You can't just register the lower as a pistol by itself.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    Well you have to build a pistol first. You can't just register the lower as a pistol by itself.
    Sure you can.. The only thing that you're registering is the lower..

If you know the caliber your going to make the pistol put that, if not you can put Multi in the box..
    If you know the barrel length put that if not I just put 10"

You can't register a lower as a pistol because it is not a pistol.
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...71#post2340571

One very important think that needs to be considered is that you cannot build a pistol out of a receiver unless that receiver has never been built as a rifle. (At least not without having been built as a pistol first.)
    Last edited by Patrick; 05-11-2014 at 08:15 PM.

MGO Member
    If the point of registering a pistol is so the state has a record of it, I wonder it they really would know or care that it hasn't been built yet? Built or non built AR pistol receiver is a distinction without a difference. You are essentially going beyond the requirements of the law by registering a non built receiver which to the gov't is always a good thing. Just saying.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    If the point of registering a pistol is so the state has a record of it, I wonder it they really would know or care that it hasn't been built yet? Built or non built AR pistol receiver is a distinction without a difference. You are essentially going beyond the requirements of the law by registering a non built receiver which to the gov't is always a good thing. Just saying.

Michigan law differs from federal law in that a lower is just a lower. It is not a firearm or a pistol. If you register a lower and just make up the information, you are not following the law.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Michigan law differs from federal law in that a lower is just a lower. It is not a firearm or a pistol. If you register a lower and just make up the information, you are not following the law.
    So when buying a lower from a FFL and requesting it to be bought as a pistol. the FFL is knowingly breaking the law?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast