Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    To the orig poster... buy whatever Virgin/Other lower you want... buy the upper... Put it together, take a measurement (and if under 26"), submit the RI60 w/in 10 days in MI
    DONE!!!
    Dr. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by crx304 View Post
    To the orig poster... buy whatever Virgin/Other lower you want... buy the upper... Put it together, take a measurement (and if under 26"), submit the RI60 w/in 10 days in MI
    DONE!!!
    Dr. Mike
    +1

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    What law would he be breaking?

Regardless, an FFL that is selling or transferring a receiver should be doing so as "other", not a pistol or rifle. What the buyer does with it is up to them.

We do them as other and just do the ri060 per my call to the feds years ago that was OK.
    But it is the atf call center.
    Not their brightest

I can't post links yet! Forum User

confusing

Quote Originally Posted by Dabears! View Post
    We do them as other and just do the ri060 per my call to the feds years ago that was OK.
    But it is the atf call center.
    Not their brightest

Really confusing thread, as is the info on the MI gun website.
    So - I purchased two lowers. One I made into a pistol. (my first gun)
    IT is with brace fully extended just under 26" (25. ish
    It is 5.56 (or multi?)
    I'm filling the form out - I can bring that to Rockford state police?
    Is there a fee at that time?
    I am buyer and seller (illogical?)
    They did a background check at the dealer. (I have to do this still?)

I have another one that has not been finished. It was purchased from Palmetto with a shoulder stock. But is a lower only? did they FFL register this as multi? or rifle? was I suppose to get a copy of paperwork? (I Didnt from either FFL). they kept it.

This one I might make into a rifle. if I do, must I register it too? if I don't decide to - I may sell it to a friend.
    what do I have to fill out in order to do that?

I fear driving all the way from Ottawa county to Rockford state police and finding I'm in the wrong place or they can't help me. Do I bring the guns? or just the stats?

I also bought a AT15 style lil .22. FFL registered me and did the check. So I need to register or do anything MORE with this purchase? little pew-pew around the house. (in the woods).

I think this is just for the pistol AR? I filled out the form and will print 3 copies.

You found a 6 year old thread.
    You do not register an AR pistol built from a stripped lower. There is no legal way to do it, and no transaction took place. The RI 060 is for transactions, not possession. There are many, many newer threads on this.

Dice

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    You found a 6 year old thread. M
    You do not register an AR pistol built from a stripped lower. There is no legal way to do it, and no transaction took place. The RI 060 is for transactions, not possession. There are many, many newer threads on this.

Dice
    Does this also apply to a complete lower with brace that was purchased?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojoy View Post
    Really confusing thread, as is the info on the MI gun website.
    So - I purchased two lowers. One I made into a pistol. (my first gun)
    IT is with brace fully extended just under 26" (25. ish
    It is 5.56 (or multi?)
    I'm filling the form out - I can bring that to Rockford state police?
    Is there a fee at that time?
    I am buyer and seller (illogical?)
    They did a background check at the dealer. (I have to do this still?)

I have another one that has not been finished. It was purchased from Palmetto with a shoulder stock. But is a lower only? did they FFL register this as multi? or rifle? was I suppose to get a copy of paperwork? (I Didnt from either FFL). they kept it.

This one I might make into a rifle. if I do, must I register it too? if I don't decide to - I may sell it to a friend.
    what do I have to fill out in order to do that?

I fear driving all the way from Ottawa county to Rockford state police and finding I'm in the wrong place or they can't help me. Do I bring guns? or just the stats? no you do not bring any firearms to any police station and more.

I also bought a AT15 style lil .22. FFL registered me and did the check. So I need to register or do anything MORE with this purchase? little pew-pew around the house. (in the woods).

I think this is just for the pistol AR? I filled out the form and will print 3 copies.
    "Pistol Ar15"
    As it been said, If you fill out a RI-60 You are commetting a Felony. It's due to the fact you didn't buy said firearm. You are assemble one from Parts. Where on the RI60 is there space for you put infromation??? If Assembleing a rifle there is no need to register it as Michigan doesn't register long guns.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Quote Originally Posted by erict View Post
    Does this also apply to a complete lower with the brace that was purchased?

That should have been registered at the FFL. It's a Pistol lower.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Quote Originally Posted by XDM 40 cal View Post
    Why?

It is not a pistol until it can fire a projectile. It is not a pistol until it meets the definition of "pistol". Federally it is still just "other".
    You don't "obtain" a pistol until (at least) you have all of the components to build a pistol (constructive possession).

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by XDM 40 cal View Post
    No.
    Lowers are lowers until an upper is attached.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast