Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Cease fire means hands off your guns!

At least 4 times today I had to tell someone not to touch their gun during a ceasfire. All 4 times people were downrange changing their target. Come on people it is not that difficult. Cease fire, clear your guns and do not touch them until the cease fire is open. This includes, uncasing them, adjusting sights... I guess I just expected better.

Who was in charge of the range?

Range rules:
    All shooters stand back from the firing line during a ceasefire. No one is to approach the shooting line/bench until the command range is hot is given, and live fire can resume. Break the rules and the range master can give a warning or ask the participant to leave the area for the day, forfeiting range/match fees for the day.

New/Leaving shooters from the line are given a short period to case/uncase equipment in transition on the line by the range master.

Safety is the ultimate concern for all.

Everyone must be aware of all the rules....
    NRA Certified Instructor & Pistol Coach (since 1982)
    Life Member - NRA, DAV, IHMSA, St Pete Police Pistol Club, USPSA/IPSC
    Veteran - Korea DMZ 62~63
    Think Fast - Shoot Fast - Live to see another Day.

Quote Originally Posted by elwarpo View Post
    At least 4 times today I had to tell someone not to touch their gun during a ceasfire. All 4 times people were downrange changing their target. Come on people it is not that difficult. Cease fire, clear your guns and do not touch them until the cease fire is open. This includes, uncasing them, adjusting sights... I guess I just expected better.
    Damn lucky it was you! I know of at least 2 RSO's that are associated with the club that would have asked them to leave the range and never return.

I am a Forum User
    Sorry I understand cease fire to mean set gun down and step out of the box ..

I leave my gun on the bench.. And stand about 6 feet back to give the person the confidence I'm not going to cause an accident..

You mean people should use common sense, follow instructions, and listen???? Nay I say, nay....
    happy_gunner
    Proud Veteran & American
    In God We Trust

I am a Forum User
    Of course we all know the rules. But it's easy to see how an ignorant person or a newbie could interpret a "cease fire" for nothing more than what it says - stop firing. Kudos for educating these people though.

Account Closed Forum User
    Follow the club's/range's rules a.k.a. the S.O.P.
    If it says boot 'em,then boot 'em.

I am a Forum User
    Sorry if I was not clear, this was at the MGO meeting/fun shoot. All were members on here.

Quote Originally Posted by elwarpo View Post
    Sorry if I was not clear, this was at the MGO meeting/fun shoot. All were members on here.
    Wow really, Come on MGO PPL you know the rules, RSO's and anyone that's a shooter...know the 4 rules...
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    no "insert your ECI and step away from your rifles"??? No ECI mandatory???????

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast