Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    A gun that is laying on a bench can not have a negligent discharge all by itself.

Maybe someone doesn't properly clear the gun and accidentally or intentionally pulls the trigger, not understanding that it's not cleared.

Not everybody has the same level of safety concern.

If they are untouched, they can't go off.
    If we would just prohibit guns in this country, nobody would ever get shot.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    If we would just prohibit guns in this country, nobody would ever get shot.
    Or better yet track all the ammo sales

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    Or better yet track all the ammo sales
    Or prohibit ammo too.

I am a Forum User
    This is why I don’t like going to pistol or rifle ranges. Best ran range I’ve been too is Detroit Sportsmen Congress. Lots of eyes watching over everyone.

I am a Forum User
    Zombies!!!

Funny, someone earlier in the thread was called out for bumping this old thread just to up their post count to sell. Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baher20018 View Post
    This is why I don’t like going to pistol or rifle ranges. Best ran range I’ve been too is Detroit Sportsmen Congress. Lots of eyes watching over everyone.
    You are EXACTLY correct!

Some make fun of the 'good ol boy' flavor of DSC, but there is no better and few equals to the safety aspects of the entire organization in all respects. Indoor range rules are 'BEHIND RED LINE' when fire is halted, and STAY there while RO goes from station to station checking all muzzles pointed downrange, magazine wells MT, cylinders swung out and MT, chambers / barrels 'safetied,' no one allowed past red line toward firing stations, and only then will it be called safe to go forward for target change or to pick up one's brass. Outdoors, rules are the same.

Ther is no 'crash and flash 8 hr in-out' CPL course at DSC. Their CPL program is every Wed for IIRC 4 weeks and there was an NRA RO next to EVERY student on the evenings firing commenced; (First session was study of the literature and nomenclature.) Actual firing included standing, kneeling, both hands barricade etc. and safety was stressed thru out.

It is an older club which IMO lends itself to an old fashioned regard to firearms and the accompanying rules of safety.

There are quite a few fine shooters there in all disciplines as well, and I have never met anyone who was not respectful and willing to help without being intrusive. Image is not their forte - safety and mutual respect is.

I am a Forum User
    That is why I joined a private gun club. Keeps the novices away.

Another old thread dug up.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Another old thread dug up.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456