Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    This is shameful!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by elwarpo View Post
    Sorry if I was not clear, this was at the MGO meeting/fun shoot. All were members on here.
    Not defending anyone but there were more than a couple non-members and a couple new shooters.

I am a Forum User
    Agreed.

The reason I was vague on what happened and did not name names was to remind people about safety. At one point I went out to patch targets (I was not the presiding RSO) and came back to see 2 people had put 4 guns on the bench. I was upset that the 5 other people there had not stopped them from handling guns while 3 of us were downrange. This complacency gets people killed.

Account Closed Forum User
    Sorry if I was not clear, this was at the MGO meeting/fun shoot. All were members on here.
    It doesn't matter who they are,if the range rules say boot them,then boot them.
    Shame on the CRSO for not stepping up.

I am a Forum User
    Hmm, who taught the RSO class?

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...safety+officer

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by KayL View Post
    I fail to see how this has any bearing on the current discussion. Elwarpo was doing the right thing...has nothing to do with Jeff teaching a class almost a year ago.

I am a Forum User
    I wasn't there, so can't comment on how things were handled.

The safer events I've attended have briefings that are read from a script. Doesn't have to be long, and maybe the CRSO could have a similar briefing with the RSO in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    I wasn't there, so can't comment on how things were handled.

The safer events I've attended have briefings that are read from a script. Doesn't have to be long, and maybe the CRSO could have a similar briefing with the RSO in attendance.
    I was there, unfortunately I wasn't at the range as I was attending to MGO duties at the pavilion.

There were at least 7 RSO's at the Range, One of which was a member of the hosting club. I know a Range briefing was given before the firing commenced and I have confidence in the RSO's that they would have ejected anyone who had violated the SOP of the hosting Range, should it have been necessary.

Let's remember "You can't Fix Stupid" You can only keep Educating!!
    "Tell Me No Lies, I'll ask you No Questions"

NRA Life Member
    MGO Member

NRA RSO

NRA CRSO
    MOC Member

Unless otherwise noted, my posts represent my personal opinion, and are not an official position, opinion, or endorsement by MGO or the MGO BOD.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by KayL View Post
    I will say this, Jeff taught a good class. I was a RSO in the military, and in Canada, so that was not my first RSO class, in fact i have been doing it for 20+ years. The issue is the following happened.

Cease fire was called
    Weapons were made safe and verified by a RSO they were safe.
    Range was declared safe and we were allowed to go to the targets
    While people were downrange, some (few, not close to the majority) handled weapons.
    Others around did not find it wrong for them to handle weapons and said nothing

Two wrongs make an accident

I am a Forum User
    What is past has happened. I wanted to remind people to be safe. I am not bashing anyone, just making sure people who did not know they were doing something unsafe, are now aware of it.

I suggest at the next event, we have a safety talk that spells out what is expected by people on the range.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast