Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Is this not safe

I was going thru some shell casings that i had fired reloads from scorpion and i found a 38 spl that i had fired thru my 9mm how bad is it? And could it be the resin my gun broke?

A .38 spl will not chamber into a 9mm and have the breach close on the rim, I highly doubt that YOU fired it, you just picked it up when collecting your spent brass.

It is NEVER safe to fire ammunition from a firearm that it is not designed to use. Even firing .38 spl from a .357 mag takes some precautions. Watch for leading and other fouling just ahead of the case mouth from the .38 spl, clean it before shooting .357 mag from it again.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    If you loaded a 38 spcl into a mag ment for 9mm, then you were clearly not paying attention; that case are not even close in design or length.

Is there a chance you are referring to a 380, and not a 38 spcl?

I am a Forum User
    Roundballer
    RogueLeader
    yes i am a moron it was,is a 380 auto. and thanks to therock for being a complete D bag via pm.

My daughter loaded a 9mm in my .45 mag at the range! It chambered and fired but the Brass wouldn't eject, I thought about making it into a bell after I forced it out. We lucked out with no damage to the gun or us! It could of damaged the extractor or barrel.
    Did you feel the lighter load? Did you stop firing at that point and check your weapon? what broke on Your firearm?
    It could have damaged it but without more information it's a Maybe.

I am a Forum User
    Trigger axis. It's on the way back to keltec. I don't under stand how it got in my 500 round box of reloads.

I am a Forum User
    It is highly doubtful a .380 Auto would damage a 9mm in any way.

I'm sure the problem with your KelTec is not related.

I am a Forum User
    For the same reason you loaded it into the mag, it is very similar to a 9mm. The main noticable difference is the case length; other than the caliber stamp.

Otherwise, the different in the cases, in diameter is about .016 to .018 in.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueLeader View Post
    For the same reason you loaded it into the mag, it is very similar to a 9mm. The main noticable difference is the case length; other than the caliber stamp.

Otherwise, the different in the cases, in diameter is about .016 to .018 in.
    Caliber stamp may be 9mm BR(owning)

Also know as 9mm Kurz and other names.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Caliber stamp may be 9mm BR(owning)

Also know as 9mm Kurz and other names.
    Good point.