Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    I have heard of folks submitting them for each state they MIGHT go to in a year, to theoretically avoid the nuisance of crossing the state line with an SBR. Would that require say, 38 different forms?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    I have heard of folks submitting them for each state they MIGHT go to in a year, to theoretically avoid the nuisance of crossing the state line with an SBR. Would that require say, 38 different forms?
    Maybe. Do you think you might visit those 39 states within the next year? I usually send in forms for 5 or 6 different states each year. If I'm already sending in one envelope, what's a couple more pieces of paper?

You don't need to include the states along the way, if you don't plan on stopping there. But if you want to cover yourself, you can always list the intermediate states in the "mode of transport" box. For example, if traveling from Detroit to St. Louis, you could write in Box 8 : "private auto, traveling through IN and IL".

I am a Forum User
    Latest approval times for this form? Also, anyone really tried the Fax method?? Seems weird since they want original signatures on everything...

Quote Originally Posted by rearwheelmaniac View Post
    Latest approval times for this form? Also, anyone really tried the Fax method?? Seems weird since they want original signatures on everything...
    Sent one out July 3rd, I got it back on July 18th

I am a Forum User
    They received it 7/30 approved in hand 8/16. Not bad.

I am a Forum User
    With a trust, copies are legal as long as if it is 2 sided, the copy must be 2 sided etc. In this case transferring across state lines, would a copy suffice? or MUST i use the original? Any input?

OP's link to the 5320.20 no longer works.

The current adress to the 5320.20 .pdf download is HERE.

Also, do you put no phone number in 1a if the items are in a trust? A trust wouldn't have a phone number...
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 03-20-2016 at 11:46 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12