Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

7.62 X 39 alternatives

I am looking for a rifle that will shoot the 7.62 X 39 in semi auto. I am not a fan of the look of the AK, and I have heard you can get an AR15 in that caliber but some have said they have problems with reliability, so I am wondering what other options are out there?

I am a Forum User
    You can also get an SKS.

I am a Forum User
    Ruger Mini 30

MGO Member Forum User
    Ruger mini 30. I don't have personal experience with them so I cant really comment on how they function. Only negative thing I have read on some forums is (in some cases) they are a bit picky with steel case ammo.

I am a Forum User
    +1 on the SKS, i wanted something in that caliber as well and this was a good alternative. you can put the rifle into different stocks to fit your liking.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bolonytony24 View Post
    +1 on the SKS, i wanted something in that caliber as well and this was a good alternative. you can put the rifle into different stocks to fit your liking.
    And typically, an SKS is not at all picky about ammo, or being frequently lubed, and maybe a little dirty. It always shoots !!

I am a Forum User
    I personally would take an AK in 7.62x39 over an AR in 7.62x39. But with that said, I've heard that as long as you have good mags for a 7.62x39 AR, you won't have many problems. 2 of my friends haven't had a problem with theirs, so far.

You could also go the route of getting an AR or lower that takes AK mags. Haven't heard anything on these, though.

I am a Forum User
    SKS is a tough rifle to beat for the $$$. I have a Chinese and a Sino-Soviet myself

MGO Member
    Another vote for SKS.
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

I am a Forum User
    Sig 556R
    I have the 223 version and love it. It is a well made weapon. A bit more expensive than an AR or Ak but you get SIG quality.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast