Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    MGO Member
    All of the options that I know of have been listed, except the #2 on my list which I highly recommend. Best "value" out there right now in 7.62x39 rifles.

Here is a list, starting with the cheapest first.
    1. SKS- beat up Chinese ones have been around $280 lately; others can be as much as $400-500. Heavy rifle for what it is.
    2. vz58 (or vz200- these are sort of a AK/SKS hybrid, but they are really nice and machined receivers (not stamped like an AK) and they are probably the lightest rifle on the list. Palmetto has them for $399.99 + shipping and they come with a sling, bayonet, 5 mags...other places have had the same package for $499.99. I have a couple of these and I'd recommend them.
    3. AK47- cheap as $449, but prices are going up since Obama's Russian ban. US built guns are up around $1,000
    4. Ruger Mini-30- probably in the $700-800 range...honestly I don't have any experience with these guns and I'm not that sure if my price is right.
    5. AR 15 in 7.62x39...might be able to build one out of a PSA lower and a complete upper for $600-700. Not exactly sure on the prices there either.

I did see cases of 1,000 rounds for $199.99 + shipping this week. I was tempted.

I am a Forum User
    VZ58...

I am a Forum User
    My vote is that if you're not an AK fan, skip 7.62x39 completely. It's no longer "cheap to shoot" like it used to be, especially if you reload other rounds like 5.56.

If you absolutely want something in 7.62x39 go for the Sig 556R since it uses AK mags. My 2nd vote would be for a nice Yugo SKS.

I am a Forum User
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  92.7 KB
    have you fired an Ak? is it just the look you don't like. they can be altered from traditional looks . ak or Sks , I do like the round and reliability .

I am a Forum User
    I have to say that while there's nothing wrong with the 5.56mm, the 7.62x39 is a very different caliber. It's more like a .30-.30 , while the 5.56 is a HOT .22 . There may be people who'd want one but not the other. I'd like BOTH .
    Brent

I am a Forum User
    Mini 30's are nice rifles. SKS's make sense at $200, not $400, when AK's are avail for close to that.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    SKS's make sense at $200, not $400, when AK's are avail for close to that.
    depends on your preference of grip style. Some shooters only like traditional rifle style stocks whereas some prefer pistol grip "assault" style rifles.

I am a Forum User
    the sks is a great choice, and should be a little more accurate than an ak. that being said, I sold both of my norinco's and replaced them with aks. really it comes down to personal preference. there are some great rifles out there, and the ammo is pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by bolonytony24 View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  92.7 KB
    have you fired an Ak? is it just the look you don't like. they can be altered from traditional looks . ak or Sks , I do like the round and reliability .
    What kind of bullpup stock is that?

I am a Forum User

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast