Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    The Sig 556R is badazz but pricey.
    There is always the VX, but it's uglier than an AK.

Another vote from me for an SKS.

MGO Member
    Besides my AKs I have a Mini 30, several SKSs and a Saiga . The Mini is the best of the bunch and I have killed a bunch of deer with it. It is original one, not the newer tactical type. Of course the SKSs are pretty basic and iconic rifles. I bought the Saiga many years ago to convert but I liked it so much as a sporter I just kept it that way. Great deal back when they were cheap. Not so much anymore since the stopped importing them.

If you want a conventional looking rifle, you might want to buy a used Mini 30. You might be able to get the old Ranch Rifle type cheaper.
    Last edited by Garymac; 08-07-2014 at 06:52 PM.

MGO Member
    what exactly attracts you to 7.62x39 if not the ak platform?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyComrade View Post
    What kind of bullpup stock is that?
    S G works. Shernic Gun Works check out sgworks.com for video and info. I like it but the stock cost as much as the rifle and it's a bit heavy . Fun and it drops about a foot off the OAL of the rifle .
    Last edited by bolonytony24; 08-08-2014 at 06:32 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    what exactly attracts you to 7.62x39 if not the ak platform?
    Probably cheap, plentiful (for now) .30 cal.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Probably cheap, plentiful (for now) .30 cal.
    Mostly this

I am a Forum User
    One thing to watch for is in civillian weapons, bimetal jackets and steel cases cause increased wear. It will also wear military weapons faster but they are designed for it. AR, Mini 30... all took a standard weapon and modified it for 7.62x39. Those weapons were designed for brass cases and copper jacketed rounds.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by elwarpo View Post
    One thing to watch for is in civillian weapons, bimetal jackets and steel cases cause increased wear. It will also wear military weapons faster but they are designed for it. AR, Mini 30... all took a standard weapon and modified it for 7.62x39. Those weapons were designed for brass cases and copper jacketed rounds.
    The bi-metal jacketed bullets can cause increased wear on the rifling over time but the cases aren't *really a big deal.

MGO Member
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

I am a Forum User
    Royal Tiger Imports just got several flavors of SKS' in all for sub $300 and one sub $200. I ordered one from them last fall for $219 and was very pleased with a numbers matching Sino Soviet.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast