Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Spend the money (around $60) and get a set of custom-moulded earplugs.
    I bought a a set at the SHOT show about 6 years ago and LOVE them!
    Two years ago, I took my son to the SHOT show and bought a set for him.
    I found a woman doing them at the Birch Run gun show a year ago and marched my other son to her booth to have his molded.

They are wonderful!!!!
    Yup...got these at an audiologist. About time to get another set. Very convenient.

Account Closed
    Ear plugs of any kind really bother me. I get a feeling of air pressure not equalizing, or something. It's hard to explain. I finally coughed up the money for MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X muffs, and they're awesome!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MI-1911 View Post
    Ear plugs of any kind really bother me. I get a feeling of air pressure not equalizing, or something. It's hard to explain. I finally coughed up the money for MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X muffs, and they're awesome!

I have muffs.. I like them.. I can use plugs sometimes..

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    I used to pay $14-16 for Surefire Ear Pros. Found out later that the cheaper Howard Leight plugs were just as effective.
    However, the Surefires have the removable cap, which can allow you to hear more ambient sounds (in theory). I have some Leights, and love them, but I was in the market for the Surefire E3's, just to see if they were effective.

I am a Forum User
    Slightly off topic, but does anyone know of any good plugs for kids? Muffs work best, but don't really work well for trap or clays.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by cmr19xx View Post
    Slightly off topic, but does anyone know of any good plugs for kids? Muffs work best, but don't really work well for trap or clays.
    Kids swim plugs -
    http://m.cvs.com/mt/www.cvs.com/shop...s?skuId=932955

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Spend the money (around $60) and get a set of custom-moulded earplugs.
    and if you shop around, you can get them for a lot cheaper than 60 dollars:

Click!

i made a set of these for in helmet on my motorcycle - they really are the best. i lost mine (and by lost, i mean they are somewhere in the house, probably right in front of me) and keep forgetting to buy another pair so i've been wearing Gel earplugs from the milsurp store (which are also pretty good)

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by seuadr View Post
    and if you shop around, you can get them for a lot cheaper than 60 dollars:

Click!

i made a set of these for in helmet on my motorcycle - they really are the best. i lost mine (and by lost, i mean they are somewhere in the house, probably right in front of me) and keep forgetting to buy another pair so i've been wearing Gel earplugs from the milsurp store (which are also pretty good)
    I'd be willing to give that a try and see if the outcome is as good as the ones from the audiologist.

Quote Originally Posted by sse View Post
    I'd be willing to give that a try and see if the outcome is as good as the ones from the audiologist.

I just picked up the DIY moldable plugs. Duhnams didn't have them by themelves but as a combo pack with shooting glasses for $24.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by sse View Post
    I have thought about it, but the ones that were made by the audiologist are rated @32NRR, these self mold kits are 26NRR

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast