Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclocross4 View Post
    My daily carry. It does change but this is the foundation.
    [IMG]http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff497/cyclocross4/A6EAD6AE-AF07-4BE9-BF48-E2A9DF65195B.jpg[IMG]
    Nice stippling.

So who actually has Taser? Have you played with it? What's your opinions on it?

I am a Forum User
    So, I thought a fixed blade was "illegal" ? Oh wait, the law just mentions 3" in length if your committing a crime.
    It doesn't mention folder or not?

The ones available to civilians require contact with skin or very thin material (unless I missed an tech change).
    Hard targets from now until warm weather. Also, you have to be close, have it at the ready and be ready to engage on a physical level. Once there it will work a high percentage of the time.
    It's a good thought not to use lethal force but you are putting yourself in greater danger.
    The reality is the state sanctions shooting but not defense such with batons, nun-chucks, saps etc.
    Very effective with minimal training.
    Norton

Quote Originally Posted by plumbum View Post
    So, I thought a fixed blade was "illegal" ? Oh wait, the law just mentions 3" in length if your committing a crime.
    It doesn't mention folder or not?
    MI does not have knife preemption. Therefore, each municipality is free to make its own laws/rules on knives aside from those outlined in MI law. The localities I frequent allow fixed blades...when I've encountered police, they haven't even thought twice about my fixed blade(s) (yes, sometimes I have more than one on me).

Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    The ones available to civilians require contact with skin or very thin material (unless I missed an tech change).
    Hard targets from now until warm weather. Also, you have to be close, have it at the ready and be ready to engage on a physical level. Once there it will work a high percentage of the time.
    It's a good thought not to use lethal force but you are putting yourself in greater danger.
    The reality is the state sanctions shooting but not defense such with batons, nun-chucks, saps etc.
    Very effective with minimal training.
    Norton
    Was just wondering if anybody actually had/carried one...I don't believe in them personally since once you let go of the trigger, the assailant is back to normal.

This is why I went with the JPX Jet Protector that I posted a picture of earlier in this thread...plus the JPX only requires you to be 18yrs old to buy/carry. No CPL needed like a Taser.....

I assume a Taser can't be brought into a PFZ due to how a CPL is needed? I know that mace can certainly be brought into a PFZ though which is one of the other reasons I own a JPX.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    MI does not have knife preemption. Therefore, each municipality is free to make its own laws/rules on knives aside from those outlined in MI law. The localities I frequent allow fixed blades...when I've encountered police, they haven't even thought twice about my fixed blade(s) (yes, sometimes I have more than one on me).
    i found that site that has the citys listed. it looked like most of them specifically stated "anything longer than 3" was the rule. so question? someone could walk into harrys army surplus in dearborn. buy a bad ass knife and get a ccw ticket walking out the door? lmao

I am a Forum User
    I took a knife class with Joe "Little Joe" Fererra (a knife instructor and LEO) earlier this year and he strongly recommended against carrying a fixed blade. It's not worth the risk for me so I had a couple knife sheeths custom build for my EDC CS Voyager and trainer knife where I can wear it on my belt in a locked open position so it can be accessed as quickly and easily as possible similar to a fixed blade. I wear it everyday in the same position, 11 o'clock.

What exactly are MI's laws on carrying knives? It's been my understanding that they vary between every single municipality. Considering I drive roughly an hour on my commute and drive through probably 8+ municipalities per day I've been someone intimidated in carrying a EDC knife, though I would really like to, because it's almost impossible to know the relevant laws.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyComrade View Post
    What exactly are MI's laws on carrying knives? It's been my understanding that they vary between every single municipality. Considering I drive roughly an hour on my commute and drive through probably 8+ municipalities per day I've been someone intimidated in carrying a EDC knife, though I would really like to, because it's almost impossible to know the relevant laws.
    That's the jist of it and why I didn't carry a knife for a long time. As mentioned a few posts above yours, most municipalities it is legal to carry a blade that is under 3". When I went to Chicago I bought a Spyderco 'Chicago' and now carry it clipped to my pocket everywhere I go as I hated not having a blade on me.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast