Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

Have you done the Seed yet?

If not why not? Appleseed isn't for kids or newbies, it is for anyone who wants to learn to shoot a rifle better. We can make a good shot better, we can make a poor shot good. We can make you a rifleman (or rifle woman). We can make your kids and/or significant other safe, competent and confident handling a rifle. It is the best damn shooting program in the country.

Good variety of Appleseeds in October spread around the state. We got 'em in Kingston, Niles, Twin Lake and even in da U.P.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-...ename=Michigan

October is the best time of the year to get out and do some shootin' in Michigan.
    Last edited by Garymac; 09-27-2014 at 09:21 AM.

MGO Member
    So the Kingston Appleseed is in the thumb area at the Marlette Sportsmans Club which is north of Marlette, just west of Van Dyke Ave on White Creek Road.

Our UP shoot is at the Sagola Township Sportsman's club in the western U.P. near Wisconsin

Niles is the SW corner of the state and Twin Lake is north of Muskegon. Looks like we pretty much covered the state in October.

I think these would get better attendance if they were one day events. I've certainly been tempted to attend one though.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    I think these would get better attendance if they were one day events. I've certainly been tempted to attend one though.
    Good point. One reason it is generally a two day class is because we teach so much stuff that it is overwhelming for most students. They need the second day to process and reinforce all the stuff we do on day one.

However while we encourage people to attend both days, one can come to the first day only and still learn the majority of what we teach. Contact the shoot boss listed on registration/information page and arrange to come one day. There is a separate one day fee. Many people who sign up for one day come back on the second day anyway or come to the second day on another weekend. It's a good way to do it.

I will also say that if we had enough interest (minimum of 10 people) for a separate one day class we might be able to set something up. We are always looking for ranges to sponsor us and sometimes they don't like to give up two days on the weekend. A one day class is doable if anyone knows of a range to sponsor us.

MGO Member
    Our Marlette/Kingston Appleseed this weekend was good time with a great bunch of shooters. Our sponsors, the Marlette Sportsmans Club were great hosts and have a nice facility. Look forward to working with them again.

MGO Member

What are you waiting for?

Down to the last four shoots of the year. Good time to sign up and do the seed.